Author Topic: Chipotle says "no guns"  (Read 9461 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Chipotle says "no guns"
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 03:17:26 PM »
What states have done it?  Look at them. 

(And I think we should.  By the time it got around to Illinois, we knew how the whole process of legalizing and then normalizing concealed carry went.)

Dear Learned Sir -

Try again.

Legalizing and "normalizing" concealed carry is easy, as once you get over the horror of just knowing that somebody standing in line at Starbucks just might, maybe, is doing it right next to you but you'll never know unless they go all berzerk or sheepdoggy when some fool tries to rob the place.

But the folks in Texas already know that some among them are already carrying concealed and that there has not been a river of blood washing through the gutters, the horses have not fainted, and darned few women have actually stampeded because of someone concealed carrying (which if they are doing it right you would never know).

But what about letting them carry pistolas right out in the open, on their hips or in shoulder holsters even? What's your plan for getting that accepted so that it can be "normalized"?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
My post from the Starbucks thread seems relevant..

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=40895.msg838250#msg838250

Yeah, I never advocated (or even heard of until this thread) OCing or making a big deal about being pro-gun. I posted a "go give Starbucks some money" thing on the facebooks whenever anti's tried to do a boycott, but there's a huge difference between "give them money to show we outnumber the other side" and "form a fire team and get your venti caramel macchiato in 3-5 second squad rushes." Morons ruin it for everyone
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
There are no laws. Yet. But if you want some these fools are working for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if the mouth breathers' collective IQ even breaks 100. :)
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 04:59:52 PM »
I am amazed sometimes.  I have done many many many foolish things. Some recently. Never occurred to me to photograph them much less post them. There are 2 videos out there one a police dash cam and one a friends super 8 both done sans my approval

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »
I am amazed sometimes.  I have done many many many foolish things. Some recently. Never occurred to me to photograph them much less post them. There are 2 videos out there one a police dash cam and one a friends super 8 both done sans my approval

But you were, er.."operating"...before the advent of a) cheap, simple cameras capable of instant transmission to the known universe, and b) the compulsion to use the technology to garner attention from millions of complete strangers, foreseeable consequences be damned.

Brave new world, indeed.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

• friends
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »
Technology does not make you smarter

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
Technology does not make you smarter wiser.

fixed.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 05:55:24 PM »
But the folks in Texas already know that some among them are already carrying concealed and that there has not been a river of blood washing through the gutters, the horses have not fainted, and darned few women have actually stampeded because of someone concealed carrying (which if they are doing it right you would never know).

What is the right way for women to stampede  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »
What is the right way for women to stampede  ???

If they do it right, you'll never know.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 06:29:41 PM »
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/guns-bullying-open-carry-women-moms-texas

Based on what I have read in other media, including newspapers in Texas, I suspect there is more than a bit of truth in this story.  Way to win converts to the cause, OCT.

http://www.progressivestoday.com/busted-mother-jones-caught-lying-airport-spitting-incident-was-a-hoax-video/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
I've seen open carry rallies in states that don't have OC with empty holster protests
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »
If they do it right, you'll never know.

That's what I was afraid of  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »
I've seen open carry rallies in states that don't have OC with empty holster protests

'But... But...  But that's not actually carrying anything!!!  How can someone demonstrate for/against anything without actually doing the thing they are demonstrating about/over?

And worse, what if all those Civil Rights protestors just walked around with signs saying they wanted to sit at the lunch counter, instead of actually going and sitting there?"

^ actually said to me by a Person of Liberalism1 when discussing the historical context of anti-war protesting.  I asked if by that she meant that anti-war protesters ought to wage war.  Deer in the headlights.

stay safe.

1 - those are her exact words describing herself.  It apparently is what People Without Color Who Major In Liberal Studies call themselves.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 09:47:35 PM »
Not sure, but its probably fistfuls fault
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »

Not sure, but its probably fistfuls fault

Hey now, I haven't openly carried a rifle since about 2000. Had enough of that in the Army.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 09:53:28 PM »
I can certainly understand why a lot of people think certain LGOC people aren't helping.  What I don't understand is the number of gun people that seem to think that Chipotle is being perfectly reasonable.  If a group of _____________ (insert some other civil rights group/advocacy group) was acting stupidly and a major chain decided to ban them, I doubt people would just say, "oh well, they had it coming."  Why doesn't Chipotle just deal with these people on a case by case basis and kick out the people that are causing a problem and ignore the majority that are behaving themselves?
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
Fence-sitting is about the most reasonable activity going. Like most of the Bloombergers' other targets, Chipotle offered token compliance, without doing much.

• friends
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2014, 10:20:25 PM »
I can certainly understand why a lot of people think certain LGOC people aren't helping.  What I don't understand is the number of gun people that seem to think that Chipotle is being perfectly reasonable.  If a group of _____________ (insert some other civil rights group/advocacy group) was acting stupidly and a major chain decided to ban them, I doubt people would just say, "oh well, they had it coming."  Why doesn't Chipotle just deal with these people on a case by case basis and kick out the people that are causing a problem and ignore the majority that are behaving themselves?

They didn't ban them, I woulda. They told them to leave their toys home. These fools wanted to be seen and treated as a group. They were. Unfortunately lots of other folk are included in that group

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 12:09:48 PM »
From the comments section at Tam's...

Anonymous Mister_V said...
When trying to normalize open carry, it behooves one to appear, well, normal. Openly sporting a loaded AR does not say "everything is normal" to me, it says "the S has HTF," and I don't think I'm the only one. The attention whores like Navy Seacow and the Tapco Kid there need to realize that they are the "fursuiters" of the gun rights community. Sure, you have a right to do it, but doing it in public just makes the rest of us look like weirdos.

9:29 PM, May 20, 2014

I can certainly understand why a lot of people think certain LGOC people aren't helping.  What I don't understand is the number of gun people that seem to think that Chipotle is being perfectly reasonable.  If a group of _____________ (insert some other civil rights group/advocacy group) was acting stupidly and a major chain decided to ban them, I doubt people would just say, "oh well, they had it coming."  Why doesn't Chipotle just deal with these people on a case by case basis and kick out the people that are causing a problem and ignore the majority that are behaving themselves?

They prohibited a behaviour, not a group. That said, I wouldn't personally have a problem with them banning a group if the people purporting to represent it kept hurting my bottom line. They're a business, not a forum for morans to try to make a point in.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »
The adventures of Navy Seacow and the Tapco Kid! Sounds like a great movie!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 01:09:32 PM »
The adventures of Navy Seacow and the Tapco Kid! Sounds like a great movie!

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
Any chance they are provocateurs hired by Bloomberg?
"It's good, though..."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2014, 01:49:23 PM »
Anonymous Mister_V said...
When trying to normalize open carry, it behooves one to appear, well, normal. Openly sporting a loaded AR does not say "everything is normal" to me, it says "the S has HTF," and I don't think I'm the only one.

Some people would say the same thing about open carrying pistols.
The problem is mostly how you present yourself when carrying it.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 02:56:51 PM »
Any chance they are provocateurs hired by Bloomberg?

The opposition does not need provactateurs when there are frickin retards on your side.

I don't get why the progun crowd immediately starts thinking False Flag when crap like this happens. The gun culture is full of windowlickers such as these two. Go to just about any gunstore, and you will encounter them on both sides of the counter, for example. Or at a public range on a Saturday.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!