Author Topic: Clinton tries to troll Trump at the debates, may have gotten herself snagged  (Read 9450 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Clinton tries to troll Trump at the debates, may have gotten herself snagged
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 12:45:42 PM »
I don't know, I see plenty of press saying that Holt failed because he didn't control trump, so using the logic of "if the press is angry at the moderator, it was bad for Hillary", that's telling.

ESPECIALLY since Holt actually was somewhat biased in question topics, "fact checking", and interrupting (he interrupted trump ~2x the amount on Hillary). 

Holt hit Trump with six follow-ups, versus zero for Hillary.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/in-debate-trump-gets-6-follow-up-questions-clinton-gets-none/article/2602939
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Clinton tries to troll Trump at the debates, may have gotten herself snagged
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2016, 12:50:37 PM »
So my first thought was that Trump will be able to correct for stuff in debate #2, but I just learned it's actually a town hall debate. That will be completely different. I'm kinda 50/50 on how Trump will do in it. Sometimes he does well in that sort of format, and sometimes he puts his foot in his mouth.

I think it will also depend on how spontaneous the questions from the audience are. I think Trump does much better at spur of the moment and "gotchya" than Hillary does (ref: her not having press conferences).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2016, 01:22:25 PM »
So my first thought was that Trump will be able to correct for stuff in debate #2, but I just learned it's actually a town hall debate. That will be completely different. I'm kinda 50/50 on how Trump will do in it. Sometimes he does well in that sort of format, and sometimes he puts his foot in his mouth.

I think it will also depend on how spontaneous the questions from the audience are. I think Trump does much better at spur of the moment and "gotchya" than Hillary does (ref: her not having press conferences).

I'm sure the questions will be screened prior to the event and anything that is asked that isn't pre-approved will be shut down post haste.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »
I'm sure the questions will be screened prior to the event and anything that is asked that isn't pre-approved will be shut down post haste.

Yeah, I'm sure they generally screen them, but I think questions have slipped through in past debates, or at least approved questions were somewhat reworded IIRC.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
Reports that Hillary was given debate questions in advance.

http://theblacksphere.net/2016/09/hillary-clinton-got-debate-questions-advance/
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!