Author Topic: Convoy  (Read 531 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Convoy
« on: March 07, 2022, 08:43:08 AM »
Seems the trucks are circling the DC beltway, and the front truck caught up with the back truck last night... 62 miles...

Anyone see anything on the news?

I hope they start slowing down today.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Convoy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 09:01:02 AM »
C.W. McCall - Convoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

:lol:

This was the first link that came up.  I had forgotten about that movie. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 09:23:31 AM »
What articles I have found say that it is about 'Rona restrictions.

It's about a LOT more than that...
Blog under construction

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »
Where's the eleven long-haired friend of Jesus in a chartreuse micro-bus? It's not a convoy unless there's eleven long-haired friend of Jesus in a chartreuse micro-bus, dammit!

Brad
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 02:24:37 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 09:29:43 AM »
I feel bad for the convoy. With everything going on in the world, they are going to be "section B" news instead of front page news.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 12:18:41 PM »
I feel bad for the convoy. With everything going on in the world, they are going to be "section B" news instead of front page news.

They were destined to be section B news from the start.  In fact, they might not even make it into section B.  Even on a slow news day.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 01:29:40 PM »
They were destined to be section B news from the start.  In fact, they might not even make it into section B.  Even on a slow news day.

This. I think Big Media realized that ignoring the convoy would be more helpful to their interests than trying the usual racism/insurrection/muh-covidz playbook. After all, they've ignored the March for Life for some decades now...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 01:45:21 PM »
They'll become front page news when it becomes political useful for the dems.
Wouldn't be surprised if someone in the media calls them "Putin's Convoy" at some point, they are getting fuel from Russia after all. And they're trying to put Trump back into power!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 01:53:05 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 07:14:25 PM »
I'm figuring Reichstag and someone shooting.
Blog under construction