Author Topic: Strip-search of US girl illegal  (Read 13118 times)

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: Strip-search of US girl illegal
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »
I wasn't actually thinking of cultural misuse of homeschooling, but of several families and homeschoolees of my acquaintance for whom homeschooling has become an expression of the parents' desire to build small clones. 

That view is astoundingly on the mark for my own plans...
 =D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:47:18 PM by Ned Hamford »
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2009, 12:26:26 AM »
Ok, I have to ask...

Are you shooting for clones, Ned, or individuals who have beliefs similar to yours? One's normal (and human nature), the other's unhealthy...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2009, 12:58:59 AM »
test post
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2009, 09:27:23 AM »
Ok, I have to ask...
Are you shooting for clones, Ned, or individuals who have beliefs similar to yours? One's normal (and human nature), the other's unhealthy...

The gf and I have an absurdly elaborate running joke about little Ned Clones of an umpa loompa like quality.  In that fantasy world I've also grown so obese as to be a combination of jabba the hut and the god emperor of dune.  To share a tender moment, fairly often I will put my arms above my head like a crazed baboon and threaten to crush her like a Duncan. 

We are a very special couple.

Also in the spirit of jest, I plan things for the eventual childen... things like not allowing contractions in the house and suppressing knowledge of dessert till they come of an age they can appreciate it. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »
Teachers aren't afforded completely self-defense either.  They can indeed get in trouble if they physically restraint or fight back against a violent student.   

Not true, at least not in all instances.
My wife's a special ed teacher, and is actually certified in restraining violent/unruly kids.
And yes, she's in Texas now, but got her certification in *gasp* CALIFORNIA!
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2009, 06:48:16 AM »
Violent, sure.  But one act of concentrated violence stopped every future act of violence.  Viola, efficiency.   My philosophy changed to NEVER attack first, but always reply to an attack with overwhelming and extremely disportional violence in order to stop future violence.  It has served me quite well in my career and life thus far. 

Sounds like the same "enlightenment" I had in high school, but in the pre-zero-tolerance days. That was probably the only reason I didn't get suspended.

Not true, at least not in all instances.
My wife's a special ed teacher, and is actually certified in restraining violent/unruly kids.
And yes, she's in Texas now, but got her certification in *gasp* CALIFORNIA!

Is she certified in PMAB or HWC?  I've done both, and I've found HWC safer and more effective...which is probably why the state school I work at still uses PMAB....  :rolleyes:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »
Revdisk and Uncle Bubba,  i was on the complete opposite end of the size scale. didn't weigh 100 pounds till i was almost 17 and found the same techniques vis a vis violence worked well for me too. i jusy got an earlier start. and was not above a premptive strike.  at some point it ussually becomes apparent that there will be violence so lets get it started. to quote jack tatum it hurts more to be hit than to hit. and he who hits first often hits onliest
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I