Author Topic: The Reason Why Chris Christie Did Not Run?  (Read 3808 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
The Reason Why Chris Christie Did Not Run?
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9jk7xbRuSk&feature=player_embedded

As a federale US Attorney in NJ, CC pandered to lefty hispanics by saying being an illegal immigrant in the USA was not a crime.

Also, he prosecuted 13 folks from 2002-2007, while his counterpart in Kansas prosecuted 500.

After seeing Perry get shellacked and losing his commanding lead, no wonder he decided he did not want a slice of that pie.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: The Reason Why Chris Christie Did Not Run?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »
Yep.

Instead of catering to New England-y types as a pretend conservative, he needs to spend 4-8 years (depending on this next POTUS election) fooling us (the "flyovers") with some superficial real conservatism prior to running in 2016 or 2020.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »
And, in addition, he would have had a hard time in the debates answering questions about gun rights and ObamaCare.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Like Scott Brown in MA, Chris Christie only looks good when compared to his immediate predecessor.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »
Being from NJ I can speak about this.
I'm not sure of the number but is was more than 13 not 500 but more.
Cristie likes his power, If he becomes president he will not have that kind of power.
He's not quite right for the right and no where near the left so that leaves him not a good choice for a lot of people.
I can say I think he is doing good so far in NJ, best Governor I've seen in my lifetime (32).
I see him getting re-elected in NJ 2 years from now, then running in 2016 for pres.
Just my feeling. Unless some sort of drastic change takes place.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 01:19:07 AM »
The Good: Getting NJ's budget back to just crazy bad rather than bat-*expletive deleted* *expletive deleted*ing insane bad.  Taking on the teachers unions.

The Bad: Gun rights (or lack thereof), illegal immegration, AGW, etc.

The Ugly: Ground Zero mosque (BTW, I agree that it shouldn't be prohibited, but neither should the .gov encourage it - it's also IMHO monumentally stupid on the part of the muslims), appointing a radical leftist to the judiciary.

These lists are certainly not all-inclusive.

ETA: I'm rather mystified why Ann Coulter was so strongly for CC.  The little bits that are really good are outweighed (no pun intended) by quite a bit by the bad and the ugly.
Formerly sumpnz

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 01:39:49 AM »
I read a liberal columnist a day or so ago (may have been Eugene Robinson) who speculated that it was because of his weight. Not long after reading that, I came across a conservative columnist saying pretty much the same thing.

Sad.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
Being from NJ I can speak about this.
I'm not sure of the number but is was more than 13 not 500 but more.
Cristie likes his power, If he becomes president he will not have that kind of power.
He's not quite right for the right and no where near the left so that leaves him not a good choice for a lot of people.
I can say I think he is doing good so far in NJ, best Governor I've seen in my lifetime (32).
I see him getting re-elected in NJ 2 years from now, then running in 2016 for pres.
Just my feeling. Unless some sort of drastic change takes place.
I agree with the sentiment.  He is likely a good fit for New Jersey, but I don't think the current Republican Primary climate would accept him.  He is doing good where he is and should stick around there.  Personally, I think the moderate wing of the Republican party is scared of the Tea Party movement and is desperately trying to find a moderate candidate who can win.

On Another Note:  What is it with all these desperate Republicans who just can't wait to drag any barely elected new face into the Presidential Race?  Shouldn't we ask some of these guys to do a couple terms in office before we drag them into a Presidential run?  And we wonder why some of these people are not quite prepared for the pressure cooker of a Presidential run.  We saw it with Gov Jindal and then Gov Palin.  Give them time to actually establish a set of a victories at home before throwing them to the wolves on the national stage.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
I think Christie didn't run for persident because he is not prepared for the campaign.  Clearly some of his ideas and beliefs run counter to the Conservative wing of the Republican Party.  His beliefs on Gun Control is one of them which would have placed many in the position of voting for the lesser of two evils if he actually got the nomination.  I prefer not to have that choice thrust on me this presidential election cycle AGAIN.

So far I am supporting Herman Cain.  I want to learn more about his gun rights beliefs other than he supports individual gun rights.  I want to hear what he thinks about the Second Amendment relative to State's issues.  He is generally a States Rights guy, but the complete answer to the issue is not simply saying that you think gun control should fall under State's law verus Federal law.  
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:37:38 AM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 05:48:54 PM »
Christie is good for an America that looks like New Jersey.  That's not one I want to live in, but, hey, I live in California.  For now.   =D

We need to know more about Cain.  What I've seen I like, but he's got to come correct on the 2A, illegal immigration, et al., for me to all-out support him.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
Christie is good for an America that looks like New Jersey.  That's not one I want to live in, but, hey, I live in California.  For now.   =D

We need to know more about Cain.  What I've seen I like, but he's got to come correct on the 2A, illegal immigration, et al., for me to all-out support him.

zOMG, longeyes said something good about a candidate!

Run for the hills, the Secession has started!   [ar15]    :lol:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
I just came back from Arizona.  Do you want me to say something good about your state?  =)
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »
I just came back from Arizona.  Do you want me to say something good about your state?  =)

It has good hills from which to launch the Secession? =D

What brought you to our fair State?
--Lysander Spooner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
zOMG, longeyes said something good about a candidate!

Run for the hills, the Secession has started!   [ar15]    :lol:

What I think about the current and future crop of candidates doesn't change my view that America has become, for cultural reasons, ungovernable in its current (allegedly) unified form.

Were we to elect the most conservative man or woman in America it would not likely change the future political course of this nation.  The real problems are deeper and wider than what's being "debated" on tv.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »
It has good hills from which to launch the Secession? =D

What brought you to our fair State?

I don't want to scare you, but I keep looking for an alternative venue.  So it was part recon, part tourism (Monument Valley).  The list of places that have the things I require isn't that long, but AZ is on my list.  How come Ruger doesn't offer tours, by the way?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
Christie has endorsed Romney, which I hope will come back to bite him in any future presidential bid.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife