Author Topic: Where the (New) Jobs Are: Texas...Future U.S. Crude Oil Growth  (Read 797 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=116972

Growing U.S. crude oil production has placed the nation within spitting distance of the world's largest producers, Saudi Arabia and Russia, and has made the U.S. more significant on the world energy stage than Iran, China, Iraq or Venezuela.

The state of Texas has a significant role to play in this growth, with production anticipated to reach 2 million barrels of oil per day (MMbopd) in the next few years, thanks to Eagle Ford shale, Permian Basin fields and other plays, said Texas Railroad Commissioner Barry Smitherman...

Thanks to this technological innovation, U.S. oil production, which is currently at 6 MMbopd, is expected to reach 9 MMbopd of crude and 11.5 MMbopd of liquids by 2015, the same level seen in 1971, Smitherman said.

"By 2020, we can have enough oil and gas to be completely self-sufficient with U.S. and Canadian supplies. No more worrying about the Middle East, buying oil from countries that hate America and no need to send our troops into harm's way to secure shipping lanes," Smitherman said...

The Eagle Ford shale boom has brought tremendous opportunities to South Texas in terms of jobs. For example, an 18-year old high school graduate who can pass a drug test can earn $55,000 a year working in the Eagle Ford, and if they have a commercial driver's license, they can earn $80,000 a year for a starting salary, said state Sen. Carlos Uresti (D-San Antonio).

I know where I am going if I get laid off and can't find work in my current sector.  My FIL is a land man down thataway and apprenticing with him would be my first choice.  If he keel overs, though, I have little doubt I could keep food on the table working in S Texas. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Where the (New) Jobs Are: Texas...Future U.S. Crude Oil Growth
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »
Where could i go to inquire about IT jobs down that way?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:32:49 PM »
Where could i go to inquire about IT jobs down that way?

Monster and careerbuilder are probably good starts. 
I found this site bun don't know much about the site
http://www.eaglefordshale.com/jobs/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 11:17:53 PM »
All well and good until the EPA/environmentalists shut down fracking.  I expect that movement will gain significant momentum over the next few years.  They managed to kill any new nuke power builds years back, so fracking should be easy for them.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »
I don't agree that fracking is an easy target.  There may be some places where it isn't appropriate because whatever they are fracking for is too close to the water table.  There are plenty of places like the Bakken formation where the fracking is going on at 10,000 below the surface and there is just about no chance that the water table will get polluted.