Author Topic: Really good deal on good LED 60-watt equiv bulbs  (Read 2046 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Really good deal on good LED 60-watt equiv bulbs
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:25:50 AM »
Woot has Energetic A-19 60-watt equiv non-dimmable bulbs available right now.

https://tools.woot.com/offers/energetic-a19-led-lightbulb-18-pack-3?ref=w_cnt_cdet_tool_dly_wobtn

Soft white, damp rated, enclosed fixture OK.

18 bulbs for $17.99

I have a bunch of these bulbs in my house and also in my Mom's house, and I like them quite a bit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Really good deal on good LED 60-watt equiv bulbs
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:10:18 AM »
This may only apply in my area, but our local Costco stores sell Feit 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs at 8 bulbs for 8 dollars, as a deal with the local electric utility.  The local Walmarts do the same, but their deals are not as good as Costco.  It is interesting that the deal/subsidy only applies to 60 watt equivalent A bulbs and 65 watt equivalent BR30 floodlight bulbs.  If you want 75 or 100 watt equivalent A bulbs or any other LED bulb, you pay full price.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:15:32 AM »
I picked up a couple of 100-watt equiv bulbs at Home Depot a few months ago for my living room.

The previous set of "100 watt equiv" bulbs I got from Amazon was not labeled correctly and they were actually 75 watt. equiv. $12 and change for the Phillips bulbs from HD, but man I really like them. And the prices are coming down.

edit -- whoops, that was back in March and they were still $12 and change back then.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:47:48 AM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »
This may only apply in my area, but our local Costco stores sell Feit 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs at 8 bulbs for 8 dollars, as a deal with the local electric utility.  The local Walmarts do the same, but their deals are not as good as Costco.  It is interesting that the deal/subsidy only applies to 60 watt equivalent A bulbs and 65 watt equivalent BR30 floodlight bulbs.  If you want 75 or 100 watt equivalent A bulbs or any other LED bulb, you pay full price.

You want us to subsidize your high-wattage, 1%-er light bulbs?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »
DAMN IT!

I checked on those Phillips bulbs I like so much and was very excited to see that they've got a $6 instant rebate going on them right now, bringing the price down to $5.97 a bulb!

Then I noticed that it's a "DC Sustainability Rebate," meaning that it's only available to residents of Washington, DC, who purchase from Home Depots located in Washington, DC.

:mad:

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »
DAMN IT!

I checked on those Phillips bulbs I like so much and was very excited to see that they've got a $6 instant rebate going on them right now, bringing the price down to $5.97 a bulb!

Then I noticed that it's a "DC Sustainability Rebate," meaning that it's only available to residents of Washington, DC, who purchase from Home Depots located in Washington, DC.

:mad:

So? Come on, given how easy it is to commit voter fraud in DC, it should be no problem.

Go steal some mail from somewhere in DC, claim you are that person and pay in cash. Bam, $6 rebate.

Also, thanks for the heads up, we were running low on bulbs so these will make nice replacements.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 03:02:10 PM »
This may only apply in my area, but our local Costco stores sell Feit 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs at 8 bulbs for 8 dollars, as a deal with the local electric utility.  The local Walmarts do the same, but their deals are not as good as Costco.  It is interesting that the deal/subsidy only applies to 60 watt equivalent A bulbs and 65 watt equivalent BR30 floodlight bulbs.  If you want 75 or 100 watt equivalent A bulbs or any other LED bulb, you pay full price.

A couple of months ago, Sam's Club had 6-packs of GE 9 watt Brightstiks (800 lumens) for $5.90-something.  I bought one package, thinking it was a regular price (an amazingly-good regular price)  Now they are about $15. :(

When I run out of 100W incandescent lamps for my garage, I will switch to twin 60W-equivalent LED's in a "Y" socket adapter.  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-660-Watt-Keyless-Twin-Socket-Lamp-Holder-Adapter-R52-00128-00W/100356967  That's cheaper than a single bigger LED, unless the price comes way down between now and then (I have a lot of real 100W bulbs)
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 09:07:57 AM »
Ah, the Y adapter.

Another hold over from the very early days domestic electrical service...

Just like these bad boys...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/660-Watt-Lamp-Holder-to-Outlet-Adapter-White-R54-00125-00W/100357036?MERCH=REC-_-SearchPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-100357036-_-N

And the Y adapter and the outlet adapter were often paired so you could see what you were ironing while the iron was plugged in.

If I were keeping my Mother's house I'd be inclined to get a couple of those Y adapters for the basement and put 2 100 watt equiv. LEDs in each one. The basement is VERY poorly lit.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »
Have to admit some of the ultra-cheap Edison base LED offerings are getting better. The first couple of rounds were scary-shoddy in both construction and safety. Still, I tend to stick with brands like Cree and Philips. Unlike some of the questionable stuff offered on ebay their performance tends to match advertised specs and there is an actual attempt at safety.

If you want to see the innards of a lot of off-brand electronics, check out the bigclivedotcom YouTube channel. Lots of cheap fleabay product tear downs, plus the guy has a pleasant presentation style, knows his stuff, and has a dry wit that's usually good for a chuckle.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 09:39:10 AM »
I wish there were more deals on the sweet spot of light bulbs, the 75 watters. (Yes, I finally started watching Last Man Standing).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 09:50:50 AM »
If I were keeping my Mother's house I'd be inclined to get a couple of those Y adapters for the basement and put 2 100 watt equiv. LEDs in each one. The basement is VERY poorly lit.

In my basement, I found it really helps to use the higher color temps, like 5000k, AKA Daylight.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife