Main Forums > The Mess Hall

BBQ Sauce

<< < (4/4)

Kingcreek:

--- Quote from: RocketMan on April 05, 2021, 12:04:09 PM ---You should post the recipe for your sauce here in The Puke Palace section.  It sounds interesting.

--- End quote ---
I would have to make it and then write it down as I go. Assuming I could find the peach nectar agin. But yeah, I like to formulate my own and adjust the ingredients as I go until I get the taste I'm after.

K Frame:
Peach nectar?

https://www.amazon.com/peach-nectar-Grocery-Gourmet-Food/s?k=peach+nectar&rh=n%3A16310101

T.O.M.:
Mom made sauce for Dad when he grilled.  He put it on chicken and pork.  Ketchup base, added brown sugar, Worchester sauce, lemon juice, and Tobasco.  Yeah, the sugar would burn if you weren't careful, but Dad was good on his Weber kettle.

MillCreek:
is the Heinz BBQ sauce still available in your area?  My local Walmarts no longer have it on the shelf, and even the SKU shelf tag has been removed.  I looked on Amazon, and a lot of the recent comments are that people can no longer find it at their local grocery stores.

K Frame:

--- Quote from: T.O.M. on April 06, 2021, 09:03:18 PM ---Mom made sauce for Dad when he grilled.  He put it on chicken and pork.  Ketchup base, added brown sugar, Worchester sauce, lemon juice, and Tobasco.  Yeah, the sugar would burn if you weren't careful, but Dad was good on his Weber kettle.

--- End quote ---

Very similar to the general purpose BBQ sauce I've made for years, only mine has a few more ingredients...

Ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar (or molasses), onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, ground thyme, and black pepper.

Best made a day or 2 in advance and left to sit so the flavors can meld and you can make adjustments on the fly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version