Main Forums > The Mess Hall

BBQ Sauce

<< < (2/4) > >>

charby:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 30, 2021, 03:20:31 PM ---The standard by which I still judge everything is KC Masterpiece. Best bottled sauce I've ever had.

--- End quote ---

The celery seed/salt flavor in it doesn't agree with my taste buds. But I don't like that flavor in anything.

MillCreek:
I have become a fan of the Heinz Memphis style and Kansas City style sauce at my local WalMart.  I would also like to try the Texas Bold and Kentucky Bourbon, but those are not available. I thought the Hawaii style was too sweet.

K Frame:
"Heinz Memphis style and Kansas City style."

Yes. Those are both excellent.

I've not seen the Hawaiian one for sale, and I've not yet tried the Kentucky Bourbon.

They also have a Carolina mustard one, as well.

BobR:
We are just old stick in the muds here, we will either use Sweet Baby Ray's for a store bought or I will make my own from a recipe that may be nearly as old as I am that was passed down from my mother.

bob

robear:
A quick google search for "copycat mcdonalds bbq sauce" yielded the following site:
https://recipefairy.com/mcdonalds-bbq-sauce/

Looks like it's a combo of sweet baby rays and Kraft, with some extra sweetness added, then heated, stirred to combine and allowed to cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version