Author Topic: Darwin loses one, but not by much.  (Read 866 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Darwin loses one, but not by much.
« on: June 01, 2022, 11:09:58 AM »
Yet another dipshit tourist tries to cuddle with the cute widdle animals. In this case, a Yellowstone bison.

https://www.kcbd.com/2022/06/01/bison-gores-woman-yellowstone-national-park/?fbclid=IwAR0JBUVE12EH7-bv4c4A8-6l2ZhFYMI4JhW1NLe0OkcPVmV6HrwCQyyo-b0

Being on the boardwalk, she's lucky she didn't get tossed into a nearby thermal feature.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Darwin loses one, but not by much.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 11:18:05 AM »
With some people Darwin gets a free second shot. I suspect this may be one of them.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 11:45:40 AM »
Darwin was busy in FL.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinellas/2022/05/31/man-retrieving-frisbees-killed-in-largo-lake-after-incident-with-gator-police-say/

TL;DR:  Man wades into freshwater pond in FL to retrieve frisbees.  Local alligator chomps man.  Authorities steal alligator's hard won meal while 'gator is waiting for it to tenderize.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 02:48:50 PM »
It occurred to me after a few minutes that he was retrieving them off the bottom of the lake, not floating.  IMO, that makes it easier for the gator to sneak up with him not watching. 

Is there some reason the name "frisbee" is not mentioned once in the article?  Is that word trademarked?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 02:52:15 PM »
Is there some reason the name "frisbee" is not mentioned once in the article?  Is that word trademarked?

Yes, Frisbee is trademarked.  I don't know why the article doesn't say it, though.  Nothing wrong with naming the product.  Maybe the flying discs were not Frisbee brand.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 03:03:57 PM »
I don't know why the article doesn't say it, though.  Nothing wrong with naming the product.  Maybe the flying discs were not Frisbee brand.

They probably weren't even the traditional Frisbee (Wham-O trademark) that old folks know, but the slightly different discs made for "golf".
https://discgolfreport.com/disc-golf-discs-vs-frisbees-whats-the-difference/
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 05:01:47 PM »
It occurred to me after a few minutes that he was retrieving them off the bottom of the lake, not floating.  IMO, that makes it easier for the gator to sneak up with him not watching. 

Somebody needs to sue the manufacturer of Frisbees over this.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 05:09:26 PM »
They probably weren't even the traditional Frisbee (Wham-O trademark) that old folks know, but the slightly different discs made for "golf".
https://discgolfreport.com/disc-golf-discs-vs-frisbees-whats-the-difference/

When my son bought his house there was a bag of disc golf "frisbees" left in his attic. I didn't know much about them at the time.
A few weeks later we were having a housewarming BBQ at his house and in-laws cousins and nieces and nephews were all in his huge side yard tossing a football and the "frisbees" around. I picked one up and gave it a hell of a fling. It wasn't really even in the general direction of the group. Damn thing sailed a good 50-60 yards, hooked back down wind and clocked my 18 year old nephew right on his cheek bone, dropped the little *expletive deleted*it like a sack of wet sand. Once we figured out he wasn't hurt beyond a bit of a goose egg and some bruising it was funny as hell, still gets a laugh at family gatherings.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 05:34:44 PM »
You missed your calling, you should have spent your younger years toppling regimes.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 07:36:46 PM »
When my son bought his house there was a bag of disc golf "frisbees" left in his attic. I didn't know much about them at the time.
A few weeks later we were having a housewarming BBQ at his house and in-laws cousins and nieces and nephews were all in his huge side yard tossing a football and the "frisbees" around. I picked one up and gave it a hell of a fling. It wasn't really even in the general direction of the group. Damn thing sailed a good 50-60 yards, hooked back down wind and clocked my 18 year old nephew right on his cheek bone, dropped the little *expletive deleted*it like a sack of wet sand. Once we figured out he wasn't hurt beyond a bit of a goose egg and some bruising it was funny as hell, still gets a laugh at family gatherings.

How's your arm with a Sandringham hat?

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 07:38:19 PM »
Golf: The players drink a lot.

Frisbee Golf: The players drink a lot, smoke a lot, and then go out for munchies.
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 07:40:38 PM »
And as far a Yellowstone... Someone really needed a Marlin 1895 Trapper, huh?
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 08:45:07 PM »
How's your arm with a Sandringham hat?

After my last round of shoulder surgeries I couldn't throw my way out of a wet paper sack.

Samuel Adams