Author Topic: hose-fed dog water bowls  (Read 428 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
hose-fed dog water bowls
« on: June 09, 2022, 11:57:36 PM »
I'm looking for a water bowl for our dog, that would be fed from a garden hose. I've been using one I got at Menards a few years ago, but it's always been a pain to set up, and has now begun to leak.

If you can help me find one, my dog will thank you.

Something like this:
https://www.chewy.com/easy-clean-water-bowl-dog-cat/dp/163931

This is the one I have now.
https://www.jefferspet.com/auto-wata-aqua-dish/p?idsku=80742&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NX_NTM_Shopping_Smart_All%20Products&utm_term=4583451677085423&utm_content=All%20Products
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: hose-fed dog water bowls
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 02:20:10 AM »
What was the problem setting it up?  Looks like it is a little too light and might tip over with torgue from the hose twisting or tipped by the dog. So?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 03:11:58 AM »
I use this for my turkeys.  Probably would work well for dogs if they’re not too big of a breed.  Note that you need a pressure reducer too as standard hose pressure is too high for these.  Other nice thing about this is you can order replacement parts for the whole assembly so you can fix it no matter which part breaks.  I find they work best when on a solid base like bricks.  For dogs you’ll definitely want to fill the base with water or sand so they don’t tip it over easily.  I also find that about once a year I need to trim off the ends of the black rubber supply hose as it gets stretched out over time.  About half an inch, 3/4” tops, is plenty to trim.
Formerly sumpnz

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 08:50:07 AM »
A friend of mine uses one of those blue plastic kiddie pools that he fills up every morning.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG