Author Topic: PSA: Numrich got hacked  (Read 561 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
PSA: Numrich got hacked
« on: June 10, 2022, 09:20:18 AM »
If you purchased any parts from them recently you may want to check your cards.

Got a call from Visa back in April wanting to know if a suspicious purchase was mine and nope it wasn't so they declined it and shut down the card.
Fast forward to yesterday and I get a letter from Numrich saying they were hacked back in March and yep I used that card on their site in Jan. Letter says the hack effects purchases made on their site from Jan 23 2022 to April 5 2022. Letter also says they they became aware of suspicious activity within their e-commerce website on or about March 28. So it appears it took them a week or so to shut it down. I'm also a little upset it took them 2 months to inform customers.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: PSA: Numrich got hacked
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 10:10:47 AM »
Lovely. Fortunately I've not purchased anything from Numrich in about 5 years, and the card I used has been cycled twice, once because I lost the damned thing and once last year because someone cloned it and tried to sign up for a bunch of AWS accounts.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 02:37:48 PM »
Same here.  Been a while since I bought anything and that was at least 2 or 3 cards ago. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 07:10:20 PM »
My hell,  I bought parts from them Sunday.  Hopefully they've figured it out.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 07:58:01 PM »
My hell,  I bought parts from them Sunday.  Hopefully they've figured it out.

My suggestion? Contact your card issuer and see if they recommend replacing your card. Get ahead of it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 09:54:12 PM »
My suggestion? Contact your card issuer and see if they recommend replacing your card. Get ahead of it.

Yeah that's happening. 

This is what comes of trying to help a friend with an obscure .22 mag who decided the trigger group needed cleaned for some stupid reason, lost parts and then asked for help fixing the dumb thing.

rifle in question: (an example) https://www.gunbroker.com/item/933263194

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »
Damn, I've never even heard of Kodiak.

Looks a bit like a Remington 552.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 10:13:06 AM »
Damn, I've never even heard of Kodiak.

Looks a bit like a Remington 552.

Yeah, a bit.

They only made them for a couple years in the early 60's.  from what I've read, they claim to be the first semi auto in .22 mag.

Worst part is,  I've been reading what little there is on this rifle and they're considered notorious jam-o-matics.  So even if I get it back together there's a good chance it isn't going to run well.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022, 10:17:27 AM »
They only made them for a couple years in the early 60's.  from what I've read, they claim to be the first semi auto in .22 mag.

Wish Ruger would bring back the 22 WMR 10/22
Used ones go for $$$$$ nowadays.
Had one in my hands at Knob Creek a number of years ago and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes