Author Topic: Interesting article on the "economic high ground"  (Read 926 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Interesting article on the "economic high ground"
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
http://bit.ly/kClQAs

Good compare and contrast between old and new school Marxism.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Interesting article on the "economic high ground"
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »
http://bit.ly/kClQAs

Good compare and contrast between old and new school Marxism.

Uhm, yessss.  If by energy, I wonder if he means to include utilities, or just the vague concept that can mean anything from your neighborhood propane store to Exxon Mobile to traditional electric utilities. 

At the risk of being excommunicated, I'm not overly fond about deregulation of utilities.  Actually, I think we have a worst case scenario at the moment.  Massive subsidies, protection laws AND deregulation. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Interesting article on the "economic high ground"
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »
Uhm, yessss.  If by energy, I wonder if he means to include utilities, or just the vague concept that can mean anything from your neighborhood propane store to Exxon Mobile to traditional electric utilities. 

At the risk of being excommunicated, I'm not overly fond about deregulation of utilities.  Actually, I think we have a worst case scenario at the moment.  Massive subsidies, protection laws AND deregulation. 

On deregulation of untilities, I'm ambivalent. The may be an example of a natural monopoly, which may mean that regulation is helpful.

That regulation should be local, though. The federal government (apart from National Security, e.g. nuclear power) has no business dealing with utilities.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought