Author Topic: Lump sum or annuity lottery winnings?  (Read 3027 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Lump sum or annuity lottery winnings?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 07:50:26 PM »
$750 million.  Lump sum.  By the time that's lump sum discounted and the state and fed taxes are finished with you, you'd have around 325 million in your pocket.  I'd have a charitable trust funded with about 50 million and work with Mike the Dirty Jobs guy to hand out scholarships...Oops, I mean my sons and grandsons would work with Mike.  I'd put about 75 million each into 2 family revocable trusts, one each for our two sons.  That leaves my trust with 200 million to divvy up a little with our 4 grandsons and 2 great granddaughters as long as they decided not to turn into nitwits.  Then a nice estate on Lake Charlevoix in northern Michigan.  A nice large old house in Old Town in Key West.  A couple of decent boats for Charlevoix and KW.  I'm good to go.  Oh and a membership in a modest sized charter jet to get back and forth from KW and Charlevoix.

The best thing about the lottery is not in the winning.  It's in the daydreaming about what you'd do if you did win.  Heck, I rarely even have one number...if I even bought a ticket.  
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2019, 12:06:39 AM »
We bought 2 tickets, not a single number between them!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2019, 11:12:25 AM »
Lump sum. Taxes aren't going down. And I have zero faith that somewhere down the line someone won't get the bright idea to stop sending the checks because the state is broke or something.

Screw that. I'm taking it all and running off with Swiss bank accounts and buying an island with friendly bronze skinned native wimminfolk.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2019, 11:16:19 AM »
Hmmm, zxcvbob hasn't posted here since the OP.  I hope he won it big and he's reveling in his newfound fabulous wealth . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »
Lump sum.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
Didn't match a single number.  (what a relief!) :D
"It's good, though..."