Author Topic: new joisey gun lawsuit  (Read 611 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
new joisey gun lawsuit
« on: February 17, 2018, 04:51:16 PM »
https://www.app.com/story/news/local/courts/2018/02/08/wall-man-gun-clubs-nra-seek-eliminate-new-jerseys-carrying-restrictions/321745002/

So tired of nj/ny/ etc.

Hopefully the "right" lawyers are involved.
Of course nj courts will rule against the 2A, the real surprise will be if scotus takes the case and cotus prevails
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Pb

• friend
Re: new joisey gun lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:19:02 AM »
There is already a circuit split on shall issue CCW.  In DC and in IL, judges have ruled there is a right to carry.  In CA and another one on the east coast (forgot which one) judges have ruled there is no right to carry.  The supreme court has refused to take any of these cases.

It takes 4 judges to agree to take a  case.

In the one of the last cases, 3 judges said the case should be taken.

This means that one or two of the judges in Heller don't agree on the right to carry. (One progun judge may have voted against taking the case to prevent gun rights from taking a loss, we don't know for sure).  We will need Trump to appoint one or two more judges.  Any other "cases" on gun rights before then are a waste of time.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: new joisey gun lawsuit
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »
It may just mean they are concerned about the outcome of the case if it were allowed to be heard.  I agree we need at least one more Trump appointment.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge