Author Topic: An interesting article  (Read 1469 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
An interesting article
« on: December 03, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
This was forwarded to me by an acquaintance. I think it's interesting enough that it rates a thread of its own:

https://www.linkedin.com/content-guest/article/mayor-livermore-california-explains-trumps-popularity-julian-mccall?fbclid=IwAR24pjm9yAldQAYAf3t37Ku4NY7T766KOvnrmqUVOAbceV5VGUoO1hcpKrs&sfns=mo

[Edit]Jamis insists that I add an explanatory note, even though that has already been clarified. This article may interest you because it explains why a Democrat thinks people like (and need) Trump. [/edit]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:40:46 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: An interesting article
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »
Driveby post. Please explain why the article is interesting.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 06:03:51 PM »
Because it explains why a Democrat thinks people like (and need) Trump.

FWIW, drive-by posts are not allowed on The Firing Line. There's nothing about them in the APS rules: http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=2.0

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:06:29 PM »
Because it explains why a Democrat thinks people like (and need) Trump.

FWIW, drive-by posts are not allowed on The Firing Line. There's nothing about them in the APS rules: http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=2.0

If you scroll down on the link you are referencing too, it is there  (Scroll bar is on the right side of the screen, use the mouse to move the screen down)

In keeping with our prohibition against “cut and paste drive by posts” (a link to an article with no substantive commentary by the poster) you must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to APS members.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines for dealing with copyrighted material will be deleted and the member reminded to follow this policy. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at APS.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 01:59:57 AM »
I figure that should apply to "videos" as well as "articles," no?

Seems to me the same philosophy should apply.

Most of the time one can tell a little about the content of a regular written article from the URL, but YouTube links often use addressing based on the character set and no information can de gleaned from that by the ordinary mortal.

I rarely bother to look at "drive by video links" unless subsequent comments tickle my interest one way or another.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:43:48 AM »
If you scroll down on the link you are referencing too, it is there  (Scroll bar is on the right side of the screen, use the mouse to move the screen down)

Hmmm ...

The reference to drive-by posting is buried near the bottom of a follow-up post addressing copyright violations. Not exactly crystal clear and obvious. More like hidden in plain sight.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »
Given that this site, like many others, has seen a huge drop off in activity, maybe be happy that someone is actually posting?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 05:30:04 PM »
Please go edit your original post with a synopsis of why we should be interested in the article. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
Trump fights.

Trump has the right enemies.

Republicans and conservatives talk in a respectful way while selling out the base.

Libertarians just spout utopian platitudes and get nothing done, useless.

The wall isn't built and we're still mired in middle east wars of empire.

But there is a better chance of progress with Trump than anyone else.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 09:41:42 AM »
That is a good article.

Thanks for posting.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »
Trump fights.

Trump has the right enemies.

Republicans and conservatives talk in a respectful way while selling out the base.

Libertarians just spout utopian platitudes and get nothing done, useless.

The wall isn't built and we're still mired in middle east wars of empire.

But there is a better chance of progress with Trump than anyone else.

IMO, more like...

McCain was Mr. Statesman and lost.
Romney was Mr. Nice Guy and lost.
Trump is none of those, but wins.  Democrats fight dirty and always hit below the belt, it is about time Republicans learn from that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 08:06:07 PM »
IMO, more like...

McCain was Mr. Statesman and lost.
Romney was Mr. Nice Guy and lost.
Trump is none of those, but wins.  Democrats fight dirty and always hit below the belt, it is about time Republicans learn from that.

McCain and Romney were always controlled opposition.

Other than that I agree.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 11:53:32 PM »
McCain and Romney were always controlled opposition.

Other than that I agree.
That is true.

Mainly:  Trump fights, speaks his mind, and doesn't apologize for doing so. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge