Author Topic: How do i transfer a domain name?  (Read 944 times)

MikePGS

How do i transfer a domain name?
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »
I have a domain name registered with 1and1.com and I'd like to transfer it to someone. Could anyone please tell me a really dumbed down version of how to do it? I tried to call them before, but the person on the other end of the phone had a really thick accent, and i couldn't really understand them (not bashing, i really couldn't understand what they were saying, and i don't think they knew what I was talking about).
"The people in the gun culture have a better safety record than any police department in the nation, but in
several states actually prohibit us from using guns for self-protection, and in all the other states except one
they make us buy a license. They tax us so we can have more cops, and when crime still goes up, they tax
us more and ban more of our guns."
John Ross, Unintended Consequences

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
Re: How do i transfer a domain name?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:23 AM »
You could always ask Derek at thehighroad.org.  He knows all about transferring domain names.   :O
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:32:02 AM »
Well first you hire a Sys adm and give him all kinds of passwords.....

Kidding.

When I did it for my local car club, The guy that owned the domain called them (the hosting company) up, gave them his password, and said he was transfering the domain to me.  Gave them my name.  I then called later, gave them the account number and my name and they had a note on the account that it was being transfered.  It was pretty easy.  Actually the seemed more interested in my credit card number then my name.

Call your hosting company and ask what it takes.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:27:42 AM »
I've been told that if I'm not getting any response from the current host/agent, that I can go through their registrar...

That crap's on my short to-do list...

Which is about three miles long.

Blog under construction