Main Forums > The Roundtable

Is Narnia an evil Christian plot?

(1/6) > >>

Nathaniel Firethorn:
Been reading a lot of editorials that insist it's an insidious attempt to expose our children to... religion.

And I want the government to do something!

- NF

charby:
Dude its called a movie, you choose to see it or not..

BTW I get your sarcasm

Charby

garrettwc:
You know I remember reading these when my kids were younger, and seeing the original movie. I never got a religious theme out of it. Only the basic good vs. evil thing.

I think the Hollywood types have noticed that C.S. Lewis had some compelling writings about his journey through Christianity and have twisted that into Narnia being a plot by the religious right.

Phantom Warrior:

--- Quote from: charby ---You know I remember reading these when my kids were younger, and seeing the original movie. I never got a religious theme out of it. Only the basic good vs. evil thing.

I think the Hollywood types have noticed that C.S. Lewis had some compelling writings about his journey through Christianity and have twisted that into Narnia being a plot by the religious right.C.S. Lewis was a devot Christian after his conversion to Christianity (he was originally atheist, which I didn't know).  His writings, and thus Narnia, are definitely influenced by that.  There are also some pretty strong Christian themes in the books, esp in "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe."  

It is, however, a work of fiction, so the story isn't exactly a sermon.  I think this is another case of a classic author being adapted into an epic movie.  Similar to Lord of the Rings.  Narnia is more overtly Christian, but like I said, not bluntly so.  I can only hope they do a good job because the books are exceptional.  It would be a shame to ruin them.  I'm holding my breath for "The Horse and His Boy."

Here is the Wiki on C.S. Lewis.

InfidelSerf:
The story of Narnia IS a depiction of Jesus Christ's sacrifice for the sins of humanity. Aslon represents Christ.

A quick search on his writings will reveal this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version