Author Topic: Hate Obama? This is going too far.  (Read 1987 times)

HankB

• friend
Hate Obama? This is going too far.
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:48:59 PM »
Turns out some idiots carved "I (swastika) Obama" into the turf at a golf course.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO126794/#

Your first amendment right to express disgust or even hatred for a politician does NOT repeat NOT give you license to commit vandalism and damage someone else's property.

So . . . is it someone who really hates Obama, or is it a supporter who wants Obama opponents to be blamed?

We'll have to keep an eye on this story as it develops . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
Re: Hate Obama? This is going too far.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
Vandalisim is uncool, and I hope they catch these guys (or gals).

However:
Police believe the vandals meant to carve a swastika next to President Barack Obama's name on the 18th hole; however, the symbol was backwards and means hope and peace in some Eastern countries.

I chuckled.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 05:32:36 PM »
If I ran the course, I think there would be a new sand trap by the end of the day.  I wouldn't want to wait. 

That is pretty stupid and immature. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »
So . . . is it someone who really hates Obama, or is it a supporter who wants Obama opponents to be blamed?

That would be my wishful thinking guess.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »
Eh. Vandalism of private property sucks and should be punished.

But feelings in the country are running warm, accelerating to hot. The people are pissed.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:26:23 PM »
That would be my wishful thinking guess.

Wouldn't be the first time.  There were some DNC offices vandalized a few months ago by an extreme lefty that had worked there; they tried to pin the blame on the tea party folks until surveillance video revealed who was responsible.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »

Either way, Pelosi feels completely justified I'm sure.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
Eh. Vandalism of private property sucks and should be punished.

But feelings in the country are running warm, accelerating to hot. The people are pissed.

TC

Yes.  We need to see more outrage, and a few ugly things like this are just, well, nothing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 12:29:05 PM »
zero to outrage in 2 strokes of the pen/spraycan/cleatedshoe

We had a couple of black churches swastika-ed in MonkeyCounty MD

It was highschoolers not the KKK
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
zero to outrage in 2 strokes of the pen/spraycan/cleatedshoe

We had a couple of black churches swastika-ed in MonkeyCounty MD

It was highschoolers not the KKK

Sounds about right.

There is a Catholic Basilica http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Hill_National_Shrine_of_Mary,_Help_of_Christians
a few miles down the road from me that was desecrated with 'Satanic' images and words a few years ago- it turned out to be a few moronic high school kids.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama