Author Topic: Gibson Guitars launches "Government Series"  (Read 9092 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Gibson Guitars launches "Government Series"
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
If they're doing this, they should print on the back of the guitar the name, address, and all other available public information on the various .gov bureaucrats who instigated proceedings in the first place.

Just giving credit where credit is due.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 12:17:33 PM »
"If you won't destroy your company to make a Quixotic stand then you're a traitor and I have no use for your product!"

This line of thinking illustrates so much that's wrong with libertarianism/anarchism etc. I get pissed every time I see the LP running a POTUS candidate. It's a gigantic waste of time and money they should be allocating to getting folks elected to small local offices that 1. are realistically attainable goals and 2. where they could actually make decisive small gov changes and promote their ideology.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 05:10:31 PM »
"If you won't destroy your company to make a Quixotic stand then you're a traitor and I have no use for your product!"

This line of thinking illustrates so much that's wrong with libertarianism/anarchism etc. I get pissed every time I see the LP running a POTUS candidate. It's a gigantic waste of time and money they should be allocating to getting folks elected to small local offices that 1. are realistically attainable goals and 2. where they could actually make decisive small gov changes and promote their ideology.

THIS !!!

SO

MUCH

THIS !!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 05:15:19 PM »

Hell they can't even run a local or state candidate successfully much of the time. When the election cycle comes up invariably there is a libertarian candidate for at least one of the local or state offices yet you've never heard their name before. No signs on the side of the road no ads, no articles, no local radio or TV spots, nada, zilch, nothing. Invariably the Republican and Democrat candidates have at least coverage with signs and such so you've at least seen the name and know they are running for office ahead of time before you get to the ballot booth.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 11:04:16 PM »
Had a discussion about this with the old hippie who runs the local folk music shop. His take on the Gibson raid almost made me choke: "You know why Gibson was raided? Martin wasn't, Talor wasn't. It's because the president is really a conservative"\

Just figured y'all could use the giggle
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 06:54:33 AM »
Had a discussion about this with the old hippie who runs the local folk music shop. His take on the Gibson raid almost made me choke: "You know why Gibson was raided? Martin wasn't, Talor wasn't. It's because the president is really a conservative"\

Just figured y'all could use the giggle

I do believe the Sixties were very good to this man.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.