Author Topic: The Changing Arctic  (Read 1068 times)

MechAg94

• friend
The Changing Arctic
« on: May 23, 2016, 06:54:02 AM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/arctic-ocean-warming-icebergs-growing-scarce-washington-post-reports
“The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot,” according to a Commerce Department report published by the Washington Post.
Writes the Post: “Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers. . . all point to a radical change in climate conditions and . . . unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone . . . Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones . . . while at many points well-known glaciers have entirely disappeared.”
Finally, verifiable results of the climate change.   :O

The above report of runaway Arctic warming is from a Washington Post story published Nov. 2, 1922 and bears an uncanny resemblance to the tales of global warming splattered across the front pages of today's newspapers. It is one of many historical accounts published during the past 140 years describing climate changes and often predicting catastrophic cooling or warming.
:facepalm:
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/03/16/you-ask-i-provide-november-2nd-1922-arctic-ocean-getting-warm-seals-vanish-and-icebergs-melt/
This link has the original article.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Changing Arctic
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:49:33 AM »
Well, when "the experts" got hot and bothered (ha ha) over arctic warming and provide one of their examples of "we're seeing artifacts uncovered" you have to take a step back and ask how the artifacts got under the ice.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
Well, when "the experts" got hot and bothered (ha ha) over arctic warming and provide one of their examples of "we're seeing artifacts uncovered" you have to take a step back and ask how the artifacts got under the ice.

Well, DUH! They were on top of some ice, and then more ice grew on top of that ice and covered them up.

Of course, some of the "uncovered" artifacts have required drilling wells in the ice with steam hoses to uncover the said artifacts. I suppose injecting all that steam into the ice could be portrayed as a form of man-made global warming.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »
Of course, some of the "uncovered" artifacts have required drilling wells in the ice with steam hoses to uncover the said artifacts. I suppose injecting all that steam into the ice could be portrayed as a form of man-made global warming.

No; they were using special scientific heat that dissipates completely within six inches of the target area, not raising the temperature of anything around it at all.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »
In other news..
Where I'm at, its 20 degrees warmer than it was a week ago.
Going by those data points, I expect the temperature to be somewhere around 200 degrees by the end of June.

See, I can manipulate statistics taken from cherry picked data points over a short geological time period to give any result I want. How do I apply for a grant?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 04:55:34 PM »
Where I'm at, its 20 degrees warmer than it was a week ago.
Going by those data points, I expect the temperature to be somewhere around 200 degrees by the end of June.

Where I'm at, it will just feel like 200 degrees by the end of June.