Author Topic: Hillary Takes Step Toward Most Ethical Administration in History  (Read 1120 times)

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
Appoints Alcee Hastings as National Campaign Co-Chair.  shocked  I could not make up anything this strange.

Hastings got appointed to the federal bench by Jimmy Carter in 1979. In less than two years, he got indicted for soliciting a bribe in an FBI sting. In 1983, he won an acquittal, but a subsequent House investigation found that he had committed perjury in that trial. The House Judiciary Committee authorized a whopping seventeen counts for impeachment against Hastings in 1988.

The man chairing Judiciary at the time? None other than John Conyers, Jr, a longtime member of Democratic leadership. In fact, the House voted to impeach Hastings in a massively bipartisan vote of 413-3, and the Senate convicted him on 8 of 11 counts they considered. He became only the sixth federal judge ever removed by impeachment. Hastings attempted to play the race card, but Conyers strongly rejected that, and a majority of the Congressional Black Caucus voted for his impeachment.

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/010178.php
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.

Vile Nylons

Re: Hillary Takes Step Toward Most Ethical Administration in History
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:00:25 PM »
Seems really stupid; must think we won't notice. Or perhaps for past services rendered?

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 04:50:45 AM »
Hillary wouldn't know an ethic if it jumped up and bit her in the butt...

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 05:34:17 AM »
I would like to suggest that the Hillary Campaign hire Jim McDougal and Vince Foster to co-chair the dead voter registration program.

Seems like a William Jefferson and Alcee Hastings team's talents would be put to better use as co-chairs of fund raising.
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »
Hillary wouldn't know an ethic if it jumped up and bit her in the butt...

Art
She may not know ethics but she does no smart politics, and this ain't it.  She wouldn't do something this impolitic without a darned good reason.  Lord only knows what that reason might be, but I doubt it's good.  "Past services rendered" is one possibility.  Another possibility is that Hillary is interested in him for his peculiar expertise with bribes.

Lord help us if she wins in November...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 08:49:19 PM »
Well, she's pretty much limited to Democrats, and they're all ethically-challenged.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 03:01:07 AM »
Fixed it for you, Fistful.  grin

Well, she's pretty much limited to Democrats Politicians, and they're all ethically-challenged.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 04:37:13 AM »
She may not know ethics but she does no smart politics

For the sake of the country, I wished she did no smart politics.  But she is tricky enough to do politics well.  Yes I know it's a typo, but it sure fit.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 07:23:24 AM »
I don't think Hilary is near as smart as everyone thinks.  She has never had to run the whole show herself in a campaign like this.  Before she teamed up with Bill, she worked behind the scenes.  I think she will end up putting her foot in her mouth or doing something stupid like this. 

What is this about having ethics?  She has plenty of ethic minorities working for her.  She can always hire more ethics.  I don't understand.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

ConfuseUs

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »
Well, what does Hillary get out of this? Seems to me like Hastings might have some very interesting, juicy stuff on Hillary and is willing to accept a little "bribe" to keep quiet. Of course that's just me being cynical, Hastings has that job because Hillary thinks he's best for the job, no other reasons.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »
Fixed it for you, Fistful.  grin

Well, she's pretty much limited to Democrats Politicians, and they're all ethically-challenged.

Oh, thanks, that's much better.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife