Author Topic: Here's something to make the libs weep...  (Read 618 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Here's something to make the libs weep...
« on: March 24, 2018, 07:10:06 AM »
In a step for reason and sanity, the Georgia Supreme Court says that schools cannot expel students for defending themselves against an aggressor.

https://www.myajc.com/news/local-education/georgia-supreme-court-schools-can-expel-for-fighting-self-defense/wkNekdN2Tce51nseC66d4M/

It just boggles my mind it had to go this far, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Here's something to make the libs weep...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:19:53 AM »
Henry’s attorney, Megan Pearson, disagreed with just about every point that Tafelski made, but agreed with one. Although the Supreme Court didn’t actually rule on whether self-defense applied in schools, the Appeals Court had, and the high court supported that ruling. “It was kind of a gray area about whether it strictly applied,” she said, “but now we know.”

Law 101: If an appeals court rules that a law applies, and a supreme court upholds that ruling, it more or less follows that the supreme court "ruled" that the law applies.

What a novel idea: laws apply even in schools. I hope some other states get the memo.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:24:57 AM »
This is going to make the zero tolerance jerkoff administrators pissy as hell lol
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »
This is going to make the zero tolerance jerkoff administrators pissy as hell lol

Indeed:

“The studies to date show that zero tolerance strategies have not achieved the goals of a safe and disciplined classroom,” he wrote in the Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing. “On the contrary, some studies suggest that such strategies are harmful to students and may make schools and communities less safe.”
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
Law 101: If an appeals court rules that a law applies, and a supreme court upholds that ruling, it more or less follows that the supreme court "ruled" that the law applies.

I don't think that's even Law 101.  More like remedial 5th grade Government.