Author Topic: Overtime shenanigans in the Mass. State Police  (Read 791 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Overtime shenanigans in the Mass. State Police
« on: March 24, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »
Lots and lots of unauthorized overtime. Allegedly.

I wonder how much of this goes on not just in PDs but any place with lax controls.

And what caused these guys to get called out? Different political factions bumping up against one another?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Overtime shenanigans in the Mass. State Police
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:35:11 AM »
MA Troopers working the system to line their own pockets?  I am shocked to hear that.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 05:18:57 PM »
I wonder how much of this goes on not just in PDs but any place with lax controls.

IMO, it happens everywhere if their are lax controls. 

It has happened with my employer mostly with purchasing cards.  Largely because of lax auditing and unwillingness to fire or discipline people.  The latter may be my perception as I don't hear about it unless they are fired. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
Another reason the MA Troopers do it is because their retirement is partly based on their salaries during their last few years at work.  The senior guys getting close to retirement pick up a ton of overtime and work details to pad their pay stats.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:04:42 PM »
Another reason the MA Troopers do it is because their retirement is partly based on their salaries during their last few years at work.  The senior guys getting close to retirement pick up a ton of overtime and work details to pad their pay stats.

That's true for our state police and for every local police department I've ever heard of. I don't like it, because it gouges the taxpayers and eventually bankrupts the state's (or municipality's) budget, but that's what we have. That's bad enough, but when they start padding the padding by claiming overtime hours and shifts they didn't even work -- that should be grounds for cancelling the pension entirely and putting them in prison.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design