Author Topic: North Carolina Members  (Read 1162 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
North Carolina Members
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »
I hope this guy isn't running for sheriff in your county. He's apparently fine with taking your guns "from their cold, dead hands". That's a surprising point of view (as well as the others he espouses) to me for a guy running for sheriff in what I thought was pro-gun NC.

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2018/03/25/watch-candidate-for-sheriff-in-n-c-makes-outrageous-suggestion-about-how-to-get-guns-from-people/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
Re: North Carolina Members
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:34:37 PM »
Local accountability rosters...

This tool has made it pretty clear where he stands.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:43:36 PM »
Not my county, thank goodness.  Our current sheriff in Catawba County and the folks in his department that process CCW permits are definitely pro-gun.  Had a very pleasant time working with them when my wife and I applied for our permits last year.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 11:46:07 PM »
Something about "...enemies, foreign and domestic..." comes to mind but I just can't quite put my (trigger) finger on it.... ???
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »
Something about "...enemies, foreign and domestic..." comes to mind but I just can't quite put my (trigger) finger on it.... ???

Hmmm . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw

Note to Ben:  It's Asheville, the Berkeley of North Carolina.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 05:11:47 PM »
Angel Eyes beat me to it.  The sheriff here in Onslow County started out as an enlisted Marine, rose to Gunnery Sergeant, went to OCS and eventually retired as a Major.  I'm guessing he doesn't feel the same way as that other guy.

edit: I'm not sure which self inflicted wound is going to hurt his candidacy more, the "cold, dead hands" remark or this.

This post is for all of the people who have posted false information about my position on proposing sensible gun legislation as a candidate for Buncombe County Sheriff. As a citizen, human being, and Candidate for Sheriff, I would like to recommend the following legislation:
Ban the sale of high capacity magazines;
Ban the sale of any mechanism that will allow a weapon to fire in rapid succession;
Raise the age to purchase any weapon to age 21;
And ensure proper background checks are done for purchase permits.
These are sensible measures and are a big step at protecting our communities. Stop pointing fingers and bring solid and sensible solutions instead of spreading false information and propaganda.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 05:33:39 PM by dm1333 »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »
I hope this guy isn't running for sheriff in your county. He's apparently fine with taking your guns "from their cold, dead hands". That's a surprising point of view (as well as the others he espouses) to me for a guy running for sheriff in what I thought was pro-gun NC.

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2018/03/25/watch-candidate-for-sheriff-in-n-c-makes-outrageous-suggestion-about-how-to-get-guns-from-people/

NC has the nickname "The New Jersey of the South."
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
Angel Eyes beat me to it.  The sheriff here in Onslow County started out as an enlisted Marine, rose to Gunnery Sergeant, went to OCS and eventually retired as a Major.  I'm guessing he doesn't feel the same way as that other guy.

edit: I'm not sure which self inflicted wound is going to hurt his candidacy more, the "cold, dead hands" remark or this.

This post is for all of the people who have posted false information about my position on proposing sensible gun legislation as a candidate for Buncombe County Sheriff. As a citizen, human being, and Candidate for Sheriff, I would like to recommend the following legislation:
Ban the sale of high capacity magazines;
Ban the sale of any mechanism that will allow a weapon to fire in rapid succession;
Raise the age to purchase any weapon to age 21;
And ensure proper background checks are done for purchase permits.
These are sensible measures and are a big step at protecting our communities. Stop pointing fingers and bring solid and sensible solutions instead of spreading false information and propaganda.

Wow, thanks for clearing that up... :facepalm: Now I'm curious about what kind of false information was being posted.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 09:53:53 AM »
NC has the nickname "The New Jersey of the South."

I've never heard that, But I do call Asheville "San Francisco in the Sky"
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »
The shirt says if you're too weird for Asheville, you're too weird. Accurate.

North Carolina in general seems like an episode of sheriff's gone wild. They have  some winners. Can't remember which county was with sheriff buzzcut, an APC, belt fed weapons and "Kicking ass and Taking Names" patches, but seems pretty normal there.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »
Buncombe County should change it's name to Bunkum County.  Supposed to be rabidly left wing liberal country.  The audience applauded his dead hands comment.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 09:07:08 PM »
I've had a couple of people ask why I am settling in NE TN instead of Asheville. I'm just going to forward them that video.