Author Topic: Hints of sanity from unexpected sources  (Read 1080 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Hints of sanity from unexpected sources
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 07:10:06 AM »
"http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/03/25/rapper-mike-gun-control-promises-return-slavery/"

Uh oh... someone's off of the plantation, and massah's not gonna be pleased.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 02:42:59 PM »
"http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/03/25/rapper-mike-gun-control-promises-return-slavery/"

Uh oh... someone's off of the plantation, and massah's not gonna be pleased.

And "Killer Mike" has already apologized for being on the NRA video.  Way to stick to your principles!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/killer-mike-apologizes-for-interview-with-nra/

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 03:05:07 PM »
From one mass-shooting survivor to another:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/eagles-death-metal-apos-jesse-131129513.html

Hughes penned his tirade in the caption of an Instagram post that mocked gun control and the efforts for stricter gun laws. "Obviously … The best thing to do to combat chronic abusers and disregarders of the law (like the law against Murder) is to ... pass another Law," Hughes wrote. "But before we pass this law we're going to denigrate the memory and curse ourselves by exploiting the death of 16 of our fellow students for a few Facebook likes and some media attention."

"Look how well civil rights abuses as it concerns firearms helped to protect me and my friends in Paris," Hughes added.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 03:59:37 PM »
Hints of insanity from an expected source.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/03/26/unhinged-michael-ian-blacks-latest-anti-gun-rant-is-an-absolute-train-wreck/

Just to follow up on this; when some of the population is armed with guns, they have control over rest of population. We willingly create a contract with armed police/military for security. We enter no such contract with civilians......

Those civilians, through the threat or exercise of life-ending power, have control over unarmed civilians. That is a form of slavery.

— Michael Ian Black (@michaelianblack) March 25, 2018

It's a shame he doesn't actually believe this.  If he did, he'd shut the *expletive deleted*ck up for fear of being shot.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 08:12:44 PM »
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eodms-jesse-hughes-slams-march-for-our-lives-protests-w518384
This might not really be that unexpected if you are familiar with them already. If you aren't, Eagles of Death Metal was the band that was playing during the terrorist attack in France and they've been vocal at times about being pro-2A. Reminds me that I need to pick up one of their albums, their music is pretty good.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 09:02:57 PM »
It's a shame he doesn't actually believe this.  If he did, he'd shut the *expletive deleted*ck up for fear of being shot.

No kidding. Also, another Lefty forgetting the racist cops talking points.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 08:20:52 AM »
Just to follow up on this; when some of the population is armed with guns, they have control over rest of population. We willingly create a contract with armed police/military for security. We enter no such contract with civilians......

Those civilians, through the threat or exercise of life-ending power, have control over unarmed civilians. That is a form of slavery.

— Michael Ian Black (@michaelianblack) March 25, 2018

It's a shame he doesn't actually believe this.  If he did, he'd shut the *expletive deleted*ck up for fear of being shot.

"When one people have all the guns and another doesn't, that's a type of slavery for those without guns!!! Which is why the government should have all the guns!"

The cognitive dissonance to get to that thought is mind-boggling.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought