Author Topic: Energy company killing a protected species!!!  (Read 4285 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Energy company killing a protected species!!!
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »
An EVIIIIIIIL energy company, through its evil machinations, is killing off protected Golden Eagles.

60 per year are getting killed per year and have been since the 80's!!!

And where are the national media on this??? Oh, yeah silent because the killers are...

Windmills
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
Re: Energy company killing a protected species!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »
If God wanted us to use tools he'd have given us ten thumbs.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »
Well now the enviroweenies will want to shutdown the "green" energy and we will be to the standard of living the Obeyme wants us to be at.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »
Soy bean harvests also kill an absurd number of voles.

:P
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:22:22 AM »
Soy bean harvests also kill an absurd number of voles.

:P

Voles aren't pretty, so no one cares. :P :lol:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
An EVIIIIIIIL energy company, through its evil machinations, is killing off protected Golden Eagles.

60 per year are getting killed per year and have been since the 80's!!!

And where are the national media on this??? Oh, yeah silent because the killers are
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! Bwahahahahahah!

We have had huge numbers of these monstrosities go up in our state over the last few years.
I remember reading a Milwaukee Journal article about 2 months ago about an environmentalist biatch who was watching high rise buildings in Milwaukee and taking counts of birds that died while running into the buildings. My comment was that if she were anymore than a poseur should go 50 nw of Milwaukee and count all of the dead birds by the hundreds of windmills- just a few miles down the road from the Horicon National Wildlife Refuge which is one of the biggest stops in the eastern CONUS for migratory birds
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »
Well now the enviroweenies will want to shutdown the "green" energy and we will be to the standard of living the Obeyme wants us to be at.

They already are demanding that green energy be stopped.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/24/local/la-me-solar-suit-20110224
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 12:47:31 PM »
A tool-less society is a polite society. =D
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »
I know, we have some of the only Golden Eagles in the Southeast here and they want to put up windmills. Nevermind that my neighbor's residential windmill is on the west coast getting fixed right now, the 3rd time in two years that it has blown off the tower or broken because too much wind. Meanwhile, there is a beautiful lake a few hours away full of trophy fish and covered up with bald eagles. Cooling reservoir for the nuke plant.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 03:15:25 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »
Aha!  I always wondered why there were no bald eagles in the Netherlands.

(Royalty free stock photo from iphoto.com.  See properties.)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:54:45 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 02:45:43 PM »
I was thinking nuclear.

:O

The Greenies would rather have that stopped above any other power source, fistful!  Because it's killed more people all over the world than any other sourc... oh, wait.  Well then, because it spews pollutants and CO2 into the ai- no, that's not right either.  Oh, that's right.

It needs to be shut down because nuclear power would permit the continuation of an energy-rich, technological society for all.  The excuse for public consumption, of course, is that it's not perfectly safe. :facepalm: [barf]  Neither's waking up in the morning, jackholes.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »
The Greenies would rather have that stopped above any other power source, fistful!  Because it's killed more people all over the world than any other sourc... oh, wait.  Well then, because it spews pollutants and CO2 into the ai- no, that's not right either.  Oh, that's right.
The Greenies ultimately want everyone (after mother earth is alleviated of 99% of the population of course) living in an agrarian society living in mud huts- well with the exception of themselves, I mean someone has to sit in the local Starbucks, sip overprices environemtally conscious coffee while running the show.
Its the same old marxist utopian dream in new wrappings.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:22 PM »
The Greenies ultimately want everyone (after mother earth is alleviated of 99% of the population of course) living in an agrarian society living in mud huts

No, then they'd actually listen to the ornithologists.  I spent a good bit of time chatting with the "birdman" for a wind farm when I was working a contract on the site.  Nearly every bird he found had toxic levels of "environmentally friendly" pesticides and fertilizers in it.  Whether they were hitting the turbines or not, they were dying before they got there.

The main factor in the high number of birds found on the site was the fact that it was cleared; everything else around was farmland and heavy brush.  The farmers aren't going to point out any dead birds they find on their land, and you're not going to find them in the brush very easily, so the big cleared area is where you find a bunch of dead birds.