Author Topic: Rambo 2008  (Read 5525 times)

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
Re: Rambo 2008
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 09:55:29 AM »
Do the 50 cal military machine guns use the same bullet as the 50 bmg?

Of course. The M2HB is chambered in .50BMG (and always has been)

.50 Browning Machine Gun

also known as 12.7x99NATO

If its Commie, its a 12.7mm, not .50 cal.  ANd from what I remember of the flick, it was actually a 14.5mm Heavy Machine Gun, which has exploding rounds available.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
I wasn't sure what kind of machine gun they were using.  He certainly did get a lot of shots off before he had to reload another ammo box.  They at least did make him reload.  Smiley

The only part I was curious about was the WWII bomb.  I thought they said it was a Tall Boy bomb.  I wasn't aware the British used those outside of Europe. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cslinger

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 11:12:09 AM »
I liked the movie but also felt it was too gory for a Rambo flick.  Not that gory bothers me, it just didn't feel the same as the other Rambo's.  All in all decent flick.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »
He was portrayed as a guy traveling from place to place visiting or looking for old friends.  In the book, he was just rambling around without purpose.

Chris

old school

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »
I still like the tribute to those in Lord of War.

"Can you bring me the gun of Rambo?"
"Part one, two, or three?"
"I have only seen part one."

That was actually one of few movies that I enjoyed watching more than once. Cage really nailed that role.
We now know who the real man is.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
He was portrayed as a guy traveling from place to place visiting or looking for old friends.  In the book, he was just rambling around without purpose.

I thought he only looked for that one friend, after he found out he was dead he started just traveling wherever.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic