Author Topic: The New Revolutionary  (Read 5511 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: The New Revolutionary
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
At least half of Christians *are* women.  Try treating women like, oh, people.

50% of Orthodox Jews are women, too. A view or a culture can be patriarchal even if it is endorsed by women.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
As, indeed, many Muslim women DO "endorse" their lifestyle (honor killings and all)...

Like I said: not trying to start a fight with this one. Was just pointing out an interesting fact.

I honestly can't see anyone who is a member here (especially one of long standing) being openly judgemental enough to say "what you're doing, while legal, is morally reprehensible and should be stopped immediately". Y'all may make a judgement call on others, but you wouldn't attempt to force your beliefs on anyone...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 12:25:32 AM »
While legal, fistful is morally reprehensible and should be stopped immediately.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
50% of Orthodox Jews are women, too. A view or a culture can be patriarchal even if it is endorsed by women.

You totally missed my point.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 02:17:33 PM »
Unless you are cool with me referring to you all as boys.

Disrespect runs both ways.  "Man bashing" is pretty near ubiquitous.

(I try to refer to y-all as "ladies".)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »
You totally missed my point.

Actually, you argued that it's wrong to argue that Christians mistreat women because at least half of said Christians are women. I pointed out that there are many cultures where women are mistreated, even though these cultures involve women as members.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 06:10:39 PM »
First, we are all crazy for arguing with BW about this right now, given the circumstances.   =)

Second, Microbalrog is really missing the point.  :P  Seriously, re-read the post.

Third, English-speaking people refer to grown men as "boys" very frequently, perhaps more frequently in the American South.  This is usually not regarded as offensive. 

Fourth, lee n. field, if I refer to my wife as a "girl," it's a term of endearment; the furthest thing from "bashing."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife