Author Topic: Are the rats jumping ship?  (Read 699 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Are the rats jumping ship?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »
From what I read, Van Drew barely won and only because he pushed views like infrastructure rather than free stuff. The current dem baggage likely would have caused him a shellacking as they say, in his next election.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 04:43:17 PM »
I think you meant to say the Democ-rats are jumping ship.

I was hoping this thread was about Democrats voting against impeachment.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »
I call myself a registered "family" Democrat since I've been that way for fifty years.  Doesn't affect my voting --see my avatar -- but it sometimes gives me an insight as to what's going on.

I got a robocall urging me to contact my Republican Senators urging them to vote for conviction on the impeachment charges.

Was not a local robocall number, not that that tells you much, but it kind of looks like my phone number got to the DNC itself instead of just the local party HQ.

I'll say one thing I've said before.  Them (we) Democrats sure know how to campaign.  I wish them (youse) Republicans would take a lesson from that.

Hey. Don't hold my party affiliation agin me, but the only time I was tempted to register Republican was when Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell switched to the Republican party.  Otherwise, made no real  difference to me which party I'm registered with.

Terry, "Sheep in Wolf's clothing.... or something like that," 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.