Author Topic: Texas prisoner escapes  (Read 1814 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Texas prisoner escapes
« on: November 30, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »
In the Baytown, Tx area.  Being transported by prison van from one prison to another by 2 armed guards.  Supposedly had a gun on him.  Overcame both guards, stripped them of their weapons & uniforms, and left on foot with the guards handcuffed together.  Reportedly it took 3 hours for those guards to notify the system.

SOP for strip searches of inmates being transported suggests he "had help from the inside".  Overcoming 2 guards in a prison van makes me wonder if he was handcuffed without a "blue box" - metal cover secured by a padlock that goes over the links, covers the keyholes, and makes hand/wrist movement more difficult.  It also makes me wonder if the driver might have given up too easily as there is no indication of any radio distress call.  Also, van transport puts both guards up front & prisoner in the back separated by at the least a mesh wire screen if not a solid metal panel.

Texas is BIG, and sometimes there is not a lot of traffic on those back roads.  Sounds like this may have been one of those times -- OR see above for the possibility that there was collusion/assistance.

Everything I've posted except the first 4 sentences is speculation on my part.  I'll settle back and see how it all plays out. [popcorn]

http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestream/live.html?chanId=1&openAIR=true

stay safe.

skidmark
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:53:57 PM by vaskidmark »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

zahc

• friend
Re: Texas prisoner escapes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
Your link is irrelevant
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »
Fixed it.  Thanks for pointing it out.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »
Here's a little more information from a local news station.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7144675

Evidently he had everyone thinking he required a wheelchair the whole time he was incarcerated.