Author Topic: Playing with the camera  (Read 936 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Playing with the camera
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »
The wife and I made a visit to a local cemetery Sunday to take some pictures (and visit family).

Still new to playing with Photoshop but here are a few shots.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Playing with the camera
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:32:53 PM »
Nice!

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:40:18 PM »
Very nice. I can't make out the writing on that really old one, the third one down. Do you know what it says?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:52:51 AM »
Both of the stones are in Cherokee.  Other than the 1899 date, which is believed to be year of death,  I got nothing.  I was told years ago that the Cherokee writing  was his name. It's suffered from the elements quite a bit and has partially eroded away.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 07:34:20 AM »
RKL, I'm lichen those headstone photos.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 08:38:12 AM »
A friend of mine and his wife used to go out to old graveyards and use butcher paper and crayons or charcoal or something to rub over the paper placed on the old headstones to capture the text.  Not my thing, but some things of mine are not others', either.

They called themselves "grave rubbers."

No lie.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.