Author Topic: Fireworks pictures  (Read 692 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Fireworks pictures
« on: July 05, 2015, 01:37:29 AM »
Took the camera out to the fireworks display at the lake tonight.
First time taking pics of fireworks but I think I managed to get a few decent pics.
Here are a couple of them. If you folks like them I can post up some more.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Fireworks pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:04 AM »
What I used to do way back when and I was using an Olympus film camera was to set up on a tripod, leave the shutter open with a cable release and use a piece of black cardboard over the lens so I could get several different bursts in the same frame.

Those are some nice pics you took. I really need to get a good camera again and start taking pics again.

bob

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 04:17:07 AM »
Absolutely beautiful. More please.  =)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:28:35 AM »
Nice. What was the camera? Manual or auto program settings?
Tripod?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »
Camera is a Canon EOS 70D, lense is Canon 18-135. All shots were taken in manual mode. I had never taken fireworks pictures before so I experimented some. ISO varied between 100 and 400, aperture between 5.6 to 9 and shutter speeds between 2 seconds to 30 seconds, manual focus preset before it got dark. Camera was on a tripod and I was using a Canon remote app that let me shoot and control everything but zoom from my smartphone.
Several of the longer exposure shots include multiple bursts. I'll ggg et a few more posted today.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 03:51:06 PM »
Thanks for the details.
Affordable and good quality DSLRs with excellent presets and programs have created a lot of photographers. It's nice to know somebody still understands the process and puts some thought into it.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »
The only time my camera is on AUTO is if I'm multi-tasking like sailing single handed and taking pics or if I hand it to someone else to get a snap of me.

Here's a few more

Samuel Adams