Author Topic: Bacon on the hoof  (Read 4446 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Bacon on the hoof
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 03:09:01 PM »
Back in the day (TINSIWT) the local farmers "thumped" their livestock, much like one thumps a melon or the back of a recalcitrant child's head, depending of the size of the livestock.  Of course, they were 3rd and more generations of livestock raisers and had been taught how and where to thump and what sort of response meant what since they were probably 5 or 6 years old.

Nowadays, with little to no personal contact with the livestock, it's all scientific formulae.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Bacon on the hoof
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »

Back in the day (TINSIWT) the local farmers "thumped" their livestock, much like one thumps a melon or the back of a recalcitrant child's head, depending of the size of the livestock.  Of course, they were 3rd and more generations of livestock raisers and had been taught how and where to thump and what sort of response meant what since they were probably 5 or 6 years old.

So there was this old-time railroader whose job it was to go along the length of the train tapping the wheels with a small sledgehammer.

So when he retired, someone asked him what he was listening for when he clanged those big steel wheels.

So he says, "Don't know about that listening part.  I just go along the train hitting them with the hammer like I was told when I first hired on."

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:26:00 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.