Author Topic: One Adam-12, One Adam-12... RIP Martin Milner  (Read 682 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
One Adam-12, One Adam-12... RIP Martin Milner
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:31:09 AM »
RIP Martin Milner

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/martin-milner-dead-adam-12-route-66-1201587461/

Adam-12 was one of my favorite shows when I as a kid.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: One Adam-12, One Adam-12... RIP Martin Milner
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 02:51:19 AM »
RIP Martin Milner

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/martin-milner-dead-adam-12-route-66-1201587461/

Adam-12 was one of my favorite shows when I as a kid.

One of my favs as well, along with "EMERGENCY!".

RIP.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:03:05 AM »
Not only one heck of an actor, but prolific.

Movies = http://www.moviefone.com/celebrity/martin-milner/1815954/filmography

Lots of trivia http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0590398/bio  Not being a fly fisher (how do you cook those little things, anyhow?) I did not know he had a weekly series.

He will be missed.

Again, I wonder what the legacy of "modern" movie & TV stars will be.  The Magic 8-Ball says "Not much."

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
One of my favs as well, along with "EMERGENCY!".

RIP.

Ahhh.. Oooh.. EEEEE... Squad 51! Squad 51!

RIP Martin.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »
I blame 'Emergency!' for my working in emergency medical services.  Sadly, the Medic One system in Seattle was not nearly as exciting as the one in Los Angeles.  The LA EMS people got to do all the cool extrications and rope rescues and such, and in Seattle, the firefighters did all that.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »
RIP, Marty.

I recall him from ADAM-12, but also from ROUTE 66
He did fine work. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »
RIP.

The great thing about these old shows and movies is that if you want to know how the city looked back in the day you have the references to do it.

I bet there have been enough shows and movies set in both L.A. and NYC that you could put a fairly complete montage of changes from the 1920s on. Add in news photos, advertising, crime scene, survey, and personal photos and it would damn well be a complete record of change.

We had a thread about a site that does that with photos but I'm thinking you could mostly do it with film and use photos to fill in the blanks.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.