Author Topic: Heath Ledger found dead...  (Read 11094 times)

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Re: Heath Ledger found dead...
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 03:26:12 AM »
I heard it reported that it was sleeping pills.  Reportedly the role of the Joker caused him not to sleep and he was prescribed Ambien.

I've lost two to Ambien so you would think the doc would tell him to be careful.

Ambien is a very dangerous drug if abused.  I've seen people do some truly bizarre things after taking too much or who took it and something else they shouldn't have.  Including one "Let me have the gun, no one is trying to get you" moment.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 03:41:42 AM »
Maybe it is my good Christian upbringing, but I believe that we should not judge others lest ye be judged yourself.  My belief in 'Lil Baby Jesus says we should care about all life, but thats just my good Christian upbringing.

We got it like ten threads ago. Knock it off.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 03:43:54 AM »
Removed for utter crassness of a kind that won't be tolerated any longer -- Mike Irwin
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Iain

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 05:12:01 AM »
Nope...  cheesy

Liar.

Ned Kelly was pretty good, look it up some time. Don't know who made it.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 05:13:40 AM »
OK, folks, I really didn't think that this would be necessary, but here it is -- simple, to the point, and final.

If anyone else decides to share their views on this subject, or any similar subject, by essentially celebrating the demise of an individual, the post AND the poster will be immediately and permanently removed from APS (Remember what that middle initial stands for?)

If you don't have anything good to say about someone, that's fine.

If you don't like their profession, that's fine.

If you're upset at the fact that drug use/abuse may have been the cause of death, that's fine.

Just be very, very careful how you string all those thoughts together.

I'll say it again, just so it's very, very clear...

If anyone else decides to share their views on this subject, or any similar subject, by essentially celebrating the demise of an individual, the post AND the poster will be immediately and permanently removed from APS
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 05:20:00 AM »
Ned Kelly was a very good movie.  I'm pretty sure it was an Aussie flick and not Hollyweird.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 05:22:10 AM »
It was an Aussie movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0277941/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 05:31:18 AM »
Nope...  cheesy

Liar.

Ned Kelly was pretty good, look it up some time. Don't know who made it.
Damn,,,got me again  cheesy  I've heard of a few of them but SWEAR I've never seen any of them. Maybe snippets of Patriot.

The link Mike provided indicated it was good but historically inaccurate. Unfortunate. Why is it these people think they can take fact and twist it into fiction to suit their own needs? What Disney did to "The Jungle Books" is a frikking travesty. Ned's story would stand alone without the embellishment. Ah well, I digress.

It's always sad when a young life is snuffed out in it's prime, regardless of how. He has one consolation, while the rest of us grow old, he will always remain young in our minds.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 05:33:31 AM »
"Why is it these people think they can take fact and twist it into fiction to suit their own needs?"

Why?

Because history has a distinct tendency to be god awful boring at times.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 05:43:06 AM »
Oh hold on a minute... Ned Kelly? I've read a lot about Ned Kelly, never knew there was a movie about him. Who made it, an Australian company or Hollywierd?

I believe it was an Australian movie.  It was not a bad movie at all.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 05:45:54 AM »
Oh, for...

Westboro Baptist is going to picket his funeral because of Brokeback Mountain.  rolleyes

http://i29.tinypic.com/o93lgl.jpg

Thing is, I would expect this would be in Australia. I doubt the Aussies would have reservations about kicking the crap out of these clowns.

BridgeWalker

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 05:50:32 AM »
Westboro Baptist is going to picket his funeral because of Brokeback Mountain.  rolleyes
http://i29.tinypic.com/o93lgl.jpg

Now *that's* giving Christianity a bad name.  How sad.

Ambien sure explains it.  I fully retract my first comment. I actually took that stuff briefly, after I lost a close relative, back before anyone knew how dangerous it is to stay awake after taking it.  I'm glad I survived...

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 05:52:31 AM »
Phelps is not a Christian. That's been pretty much decided.

I figure that whenever Phelps dies, he'll just explode into noxious, dark fumes or something.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 06:11:46 AM »
Thing is, I would expect this would be in Australia. I doubt the Aussies would have reservations about kicking the crap out of these clowns.

In that case we can only hope they'll try.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

280plus

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2008, 06:28:51 AM »
"Why is it these people think they can take fact and twist it into fiction to suit their own needs?"

Why?

Because history has a distinct tendency to be god awful boring at times.
Yea, well,,,that don't make it right...  angry

laugh

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 06:45:12 AM »
Ambien is tricky stuff--I have a script for ot, but I usually split them in half.  Still, the scattered pills everywhere seems a little odd.

El Tejon said
I've lost two to Ambien so you would think the doc would tell him to be careful.

Eh?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »
it seems to me that if you were trying to kill oneself, that you would have ingested all the pills thereby leaving none around yourself.

i enjoyed some of his movies,and i hope his kid does okay. rip
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 07:08:34 AM »
"Yea, well,,,that don't make it right..."

Great, I can see the message on the movie screen now...

"In order to placate some whiny literalist members of the movie going audience, the next four hours will be devoted to footage of the landscape outside a moving train window.

This accurately and realistically portrays the subject's incredibly boring, uneventful, 4 hour train ride from Thumbsuck City to Blumpiedump Junction. After he arrives at Blumpiedump Junction, nothing else happens, so you might as well go home.

On your way, swing by 280's house and crunch a loaf on his front steps to let him know what a boring prat he is..."

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 07:20:27 AM »
Batman - The Dark Knight (2008)
I'm Not There (2007)
Brokeback Mountain (2005)
The Brothers Grimm (2005)
Ned Kelly (2003)
Monster's Ball (2001)
A Knight's Tale (2001)
The Patriot (2000)

Never seen or heard of any of those?

Maybe The Patriot - I think it had Mel Gibson in it, right?

I don't watch many movies, sorry.

Maybe it's my Christian Upbringing.   rolleyes

Of course, my Christian Upbringing is about ready to kick Tecumseh's Christian Upbringing in the posterior for deliberately stirring up poop, too.  Li'l Baby Jesus would heartily approve.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Iain

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 07:32:43 AM »
Maybe The Patriot - I think it had Mel Gibson in it, right?
Two Australians (playing Australians or any other nationality, that's irrelevant) kicking evil English ass? If I didn't know it was a Mel Gibson movie I'd suspect it is.

Ned Kelly is worth seeing, Knight's Tale is entertaining, and if you can cut through the surrounding nonsense, Ledger's performance in Brokeback is the one that will earn him a place in film history. Apparently E. Annie Proulx thinks he understood the character better than she did.

As for Phelps - well MCU and my adult experience with Christians doesn't lead me to place Phelps-brood amongst the saved. But this agnostic is in no place to judge. The Australians used to have a rather unpleasant facility for 'foreign undesirables', they shut it down a few years ago though.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »
Sorry, that's kinda funny in itself.

The Australians used to have a rather unpleasant facility for 'foreign undesirables', they shut it down a few years ago though.

A prisoner island having one of those.  Who would'a thunk?  grin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 07:39:50 AM »
you forgot "ten things i hate about you" and "dogtown"

BTW, mostly got wrote off as a teen and chick flick, but "ten things i hate about you" is actually a really good movie. deffinatly a better take on shakespeare then some of the other stuff to come out in the past ten years or so.

as for the circumstances of his death, well, i'll chalk it up to the curse of the potentially great actors who die young.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

280plus

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 07:47:35 AM »
"Yea, well,,,that don't make it right..."

Great, I can see the message on the movie screen now...

"In order to placate some whiny literalist members of the movie going audience, the next four hours will be devoted to footage of the landscape outside a moving train window.

This accurately and realistically portrays the subject's incredibly boring, uneventful, 4 hour train ride from Thumbsuck City to Blumpiedump Junction. After he arrives at Blumpiedump Junction, nothing else happens, so you might as well go home.

On your way, swing by 280's house and crunch a loaf on his front steps to let him know what a boring prat he is..."

Works for me... I like looking out the window on train rides.  grin

I'm going on one tomorrow. Hartford to NYC, damn near 3 hours.  undecided

All I'm saying is if they're going to protray a factual event or series of events the least they could do is try to stay somewhere near the facts. That don't mean it has to be boring.

Now, would you go try and get the wad out of those panties of yours please?   laugh

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:40 AM »
The Australians used to have a rather unpleasant facility for 'foreign undesirables', they shut it down a few years ago though.

They closed Sydney?  shocked

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »
LOL, Manedwolf.

I thought maybe they finally shut down Alice Springs.  I know I found it unpleasant when I was there.   grin