Author Topic: Are women really THAT gullible?  (Read 15842 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: Are women really THAT gullible?
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 01:27:02 AM »
We don't have their funding.  sad
We have Mike Irwin.  Wait until he has one of his cranky days, and send him in.  They won't know what hit 'em.

<runs and hides>

Want him cranky?  Just mention burning floppys.

There are places that will take cremated remains and turn them into "diamonds."

Also there is a place in Arkansas where you can spend a few dollars and go diamond hunting.  You get to keep what you find also.
Apparently there's people who make a living out of it as well (If we are thinking about the same place). Was a story in the news some time ago about a guy who had found something that was actually worth some serious money.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2008, 02:49:02 AM »
Part of the price of a "gem quality" diamond is due to its rarity; colorless, flawless diamonds are much less common than dirt-colored chocolate colored diamonds.

But with creative marketing, dirt chocolate becomes more valuable.  rolleyes
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2008, 03:30:29 AM »
Other gems, too.

My wife and I have looked into that.  It is expensive, but seems a little more personal that being in a glorified ashtray over someone's fireplace.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2008, 07:12:26 AM »
i don't want fancy rocks, or chocolete. however, if someone wants to buy me a springfeild M1a........

i am content to have cheap jewelery from clares or stuff i get at a craft fair. its not like i wear it all that much.
and if i ever do get engaged i would rather have a ring like my boss has. small and understated and i could wear it all the time without getting caught on anything.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2008, 07:38:32 AM »

Yeah.

A relative-in-law wanted to have that done with his mother's ashes and turn it into an engagement ring for his wife-to-be.

Hint for the guys: If you ever want to send a woman running far and fast in the opposite direction while shrieking in horror, offer her *your mother* as an engagement gift.  That is just creepy and weird.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
Heh.  That's funny.

grin

WeedWhacker

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
Who makes them?  What guy?

Two companies I know of are producing real gem-quality carbon crystals (diamonds).

Gemesis is the one whose products you're most likely to find in a jewelry store, with better color and clarity than pretty much anything ever dug up out of the ground. Yes, the diamonds they make are real diamonds, carbon crystals.

Apollo Diamond is by far the more interesting company, however, in that they are producing single-crystal wafers. Wafers akin to the silicon wafers used to manufacture computer processors, processors which will soon be running so hot that they'll melt silicon and silicon-on-insulator. Apollo Diamond's process allows them to precipitate specific amounts of helpful materials into their single-crystal diamond wafers making them even more desirable for this sort of manufacturing than even a pure diamond wafer would be. They've been slowly increasing the size of the wafers they grow, by growing them in a cone shape and slicing off the widest end for the seed for the next crystal - I'm not sure what size they're up to at the moment.
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2008, 09:39:42 AM »
I believe diamond windows would also be rather ideal for spaceships.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »
My wife thinks they should be called "Nagin" diamonds.  Straight out of New Orleans.  cheesy
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »
I believe diamond windows would also be rather ideal for spaceships.
Now there's a good idea.  Not yet practical, but good.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Brandon

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »
I believe the russians used diamonds in the windows of a  probe sent to venus.  the diamonds are the only thing left and are still on the surface.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
ALL of that probe is still there, but Venus is only hot enough to melt lead.

Meaning whatever we send there will die... provided ir can't exist past molten lead temp.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2008, 10:13:27 PM »
ALL of that probe is still there, but Venus is only hot enough to melt lead.

Don't forget the lovely clouds of sulfuric acid.  And the 300+ km/h winds.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2008, 04:59:55 AM »
and little green men who want our wimmins
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2008, 02:25:26 PM »
and little green men who want our wimmins

The ones wearing light-bulb-shaped helmets, right?  Nah, those guys are from Mars, not Venus.