Author Topic: Baltimore: two women beat transgender female, onlookers tape with cell phones  (Read 15031 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
I haven't watched the video; I don't need to see something like that.  But from what I've read, the proper response would have been for someone to turn a firehose on them.  Probably not possible in a timely manner -- but what kind of fire extinguishers do they have at a McDonalds?  One of those 2 gallon loaded streams would do it, but I doubt they have those anyplace with grease fryers.  Or would there be a mop bucket of nasty soapy water available?

A real firehose would be perfect.
"It's good, though..."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
I haven't watched the video; I don't need to see something like that.  But from what I've read, the proper response would have been for someone to turn a firehose on them.  Probably not possible in a timely manner -- but what kind of fire extinguishers do they have at a McDonalds?  One of those 2 gallon loaded streams would do it, but I doubt they have those anyplace with grease fryers.  Or would there be a mop bucket of nasty soapy water available?

A real firehose would be perfect.

McDonalds should have standard fire extinguisher throughout the building and especially in the kitchen. Spraying someone with an extinguisher and then hitting them over the head with it is a tactic I readily endorse.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

CNYCacher

• friend
Do you relize how incrediably hard and expensive gender reassignment is?

Not to mention that the end result is not even close 'to just like the real thing'.

The obsticals are such that anyone who would go through with it is certain about what they need.

I really don't think scans are nessasary.

I do realize.  I also realize that not anyone can claim to be trapped in the wrong body and get a reassignment surgery.  There are all sorts of evaluations first, no?  So my question is whether the scans are part of the evaluation.  I suspect that (they are not because the scans are inconclusive).
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
I do realize.  I also realize that not anyone can claim to be trapped in the wrong body and get a reassignment surgery.  There are all sorts of evaluations first, no?  So my question is whether the scans are part of the evaluation.  I suspect that (they are not because the scans are inconclusive).

Not that I know of.

The evaluations depend on the state and there are also a lot of requirements, like living as a person of the oppisete gender for a substantial period, attending therpy and getting clearance from a shrink.

Its actually a bit over what is nessasry, IMHO, but I understand the hesitation of the medical professionals who deal with this of making it any easier.
One issue for those who wish to undergo ender reassignment is a similar issue for gastric bypass patients, where they believe this will 'fix' them automatically and thus fail to acknowledge that any underlying pyschlogical issues relating to their surgery have not been addressed. In other words, that by changing their bodies, they have completly change who they are and will now be 'happy'.

By maintaining strigent requairments and evalutations, that problem can be addressed.

But like I said, its a little too much.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Pepper spray everybody, drag the victim out and lock him/her/it in my car.  If anybody still wants to push the issue, Texas recently added "attempting to enter the actor's occupied vehicle" as a presumption of reasonableness for the use of deadly force.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Pepper spray everybody, drag the victim out and lock him/her/it in my car.  If anybody still wants to push the issue, Texas recently added "attempting to enter the actor's occupied vehicle" as a presumption of reasonableness for the use of deadly force.

I'm thinking multiple blows to the vic's head already crossed that line.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
I'm thinking multiple blows to the vic's head already crossed that line.

Agreed.

I think every state's laws hold that the use of lethal force in defense of a third party is subject to the same criteria as use of lethal force to defend yourself. Disparity of force, one victim on the ground being stomped by two assailants -- with the video as evidence, that situation would have been a slam dunk for the use of lethal force to stop the attack.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
absolutely.

It was very difficult to watch that vid and not shoot the screen, being they were teen girls I wouldn't have shot them but I would have used violent immediate action to stop it.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I agree that the use of deadly force was absolutely justified. Having said that, I'd question the wisdom of a white person pulling a gun on two black women in what seemed to be an almost exclusively black restaurant. I'd want to have plenty of extra magazines.

If anyone wants to call that racist, so be it. I'm sure we can come up with some tests for that person which don't involve the use of deadly force, just to see if I'm right or wrong.

De Selby

• friend
Reviewing these threads, we should probably be more understanding when people like Al Sharpton cry racism over a police arrest/violence video.  They must be taking a look at videos where everyone's white and the guy getting arrested/beaten is black, and assume that white people stick together, and are ganging up on the poor black victim.  Because that looks to me what's happening here - there is an assumption that restaurant full of black people = racial solidarity with the attackers.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Boomhauer

• friends
You'd understand if you had ever spent any time in the ghetto.

there is an assumption that restaurant full of black people = racial solidarity with the attackers.

That's what happens more often than not...like I said, hood rats stick together (unless they are shooting at each other because they are in opposing gangs). When whitey is the one being attacked? Oh yeah, they are sticking together...

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:49:51 AM by Avenger29 »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
no hte crime  they'd have beat a real girl the same way
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• friends
no hte crime  they'd have beat a real girl the same way

Yep. Besides that, I don't like the idea of "hate crimes" in general.

Assault is assault. Murder is murder. No race or gender is more important than another...despite what the MSM and Dems think.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
Reviewing these threads, we should probably be more understanding when people like Al Sharpton cry racism over a police arrest/violence video.  They must be taking a look at videos where everyone's white and the guy getting arrested/beaten is black, and assume that white people stick together, and are ganging up on the poor black victim.  Because that looks to me what's happening here - there is an assumption that restaurant full of black people = racial solidarity with the attackers.

I saw one white person in the video, and that was the elderly woman. The voices sounded black. The stories I saw elsewhere described the patrons and staff as black.

I don't think I'm assuming anything. And I guaran--**expletive deleted**--tee you that, if the victim were black and the attackers white, this would have been a much bigger story.

If you're going to try to be more understanding of a race-baiting pocket-liner like Al Sharpton, I don't know what can be done for you.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Um... I don't really object to hitting women with fists, chairs, or bullets, for that matter (if the situation warrants it) - but aren't a lot of you forgetting the golden rule? Don't **** with a catfight. Doesn't matter if the participants are lily white or coal black, nothing good comes of intervening in a catfight.

gunsmith

• friend

Strange, does anyone else hear the twilight zone theme song while reading this too?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Man goes into a women's room, man gets his ass kicked.  Seems about right to me.

The black girls certainly went way too far, and shouldn't have beat him as severely as they did, I agree. They should be charged with excessive use of force. But using some level of force to compel him to gtfo of the women's room was appropriate, I believe.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

gunsmith

• friend
Man goes into a women's room, man gets his ass kicked.  Seems about right to me.

The black girls certainly went way too far, and shouldn't have beat him as severely as they did, I agree. They should be charged with excessive use of force. But using some level of force to compel him to gtfo of the women's room was appropriate, I believe.

They had no idea he was a he, it was reported he got a beat down for "looking/talking" to one of the assailants boy friends, using a restroom had nothing to do with it.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
If that is the case, then any level of force was utterly wrong.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend

Followed by an execution, I presume? Beating a person like this is a serious threat to life and limb.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
Beating a person like this is a serious threat to life and limb.

The victim looked to be having some kind of tremors or nervous reactions at the end. I wonder how serious her condition was.

Boomhauer

• friends
But using some level of force to compel him to gtfo of the women's room was appropriate, I believe

You mean, like, CALL THE COPS like normal, law abiding citizens would?

Or does this mean I can now start beating the *expletive deleted*it out of people for minor stuff like this?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
You mean, like, CALL THE COPS like normal, law abiding citizens would?

Or does this mean I can now start beating the *expletive deleted* out of people for minor stuff like this?

If your sister said "I was using the bathroom and some creepy dude came in" would you tell her "Oh, just call the cops, don't you dare touch him!" or would you be ok with her using the minimum level of force to expel him?

That being said, even if some initial force was justified, what happened was not and they should be punished appropriately.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...

All this fuss for a transgender usinga womens bathroom.
 ;/

Guys, the ladies rooms have stalls. We don't pee in front of each other. The only way they should have been able to know she was physically a he was to intentianally spy.

while I prefer that men stay out of the ladies room, its not a beating offence. Hell, its not even worth more then "seriously dude? Out." I wouldn't even bother to raise my voice.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
If your sister said "I was using the bathroom and some creepy dude came in" would you tell her "Oh, just call the cops, don't you dare touch him!" or would you be ok with her using the minimum level of force to expel him?
We're talking about a human waste depository. Using violence to protect the sanctity of a public restroom from the bodily fluids of the wrong sex is rather asinine.