Author Topic: Shrimping  (Read 10275 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Shrimping
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2013, 06:45:58 PM »
So are we talking about real shrimp, or is "shrimping" some kind of preverted sexual euphemism?  (I probably don't really wanna know)

I'm talming about fishing for Puget Sound spot shrimp.  In size they're probably closer to what most people think of as prawns.  6-10" long with the head still attached.  4-8" with the head removed.
Formerly sumpnz

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »
I read that last one as 6-10' long and thought, "you really are going to need a bigger boat."  :laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 01:37:09 PM »
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 04:06:13 PM »
Definition 7 is the only one I ever heard of

See, that's why I don't ever read past the first three entries on UD.  [barf]
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »
SUCCESS!  Caught 22 spot shrimp this morning.  And lived tell about it, though with considerably less skin on 4 of my fingers.  Had a G&F cop check me out just because he had to see some crazy mofo shrimping from a kayak for himself.

Current on the way home was rough.  Took almost 2 hours to cover what took less than 30 minutes on the way out.  Pics later.
Formerly sumpnz

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2013, 07:13:15 PM »
Glad to hear you're not sleeping with the fishes.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
Glad to hear you're not sleeping with the fishes.

I'll second that and raise my glass of golden nectar to you and your catch.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
So, no orcas and tangled pot lines, then.  It would have been entertaining.
(Glad you safely caught your shrimp.)
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2013, 10:08:20 PM »
I don't suppose there's any room on that kayak for a hotplate, saucepan, butter, lemon juice, and some capers?   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
Definition 7 is the only one I ever heard of

I knew what #5 was but none of the rest had ever crossed my mind, not ever, ever, ever.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2013, 11:24:00 PM »
I don't suppose there's any room on that kayak for a hotplate, saucepan, butter, lemon juice, and some capers?   =D

Sadly, no.

But I did just cook four of them up (2 for me, 1 each for the 2 older kids -SWMBO is highly allergic).  Sauteed a little garlic in some bitter, then put the shrimp in.  Mother of Pearl it was good!  Probably my new favorite seafood.
Formerly sumpnz

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »
BTW, the pics on my phone are apparently too large to post.  If I can get them to upload to Photobucket I will post them that way.
Formerly sumpnz

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »
BTW, the pics on my phone are apparently too large to post.  If I can get them to upload to Photobucket I will post them that way.

Huge pictures of shrimp  ???   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin