Author Topic: Well Whataburger can officially pound sand  (Read 6839 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Well Whataburger can officially pound sand
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
So is Whataburger going to post 30.07 signs or not?  I sort of wonder why they even bothered to mention it at this point.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:01 PM »
So they're the 2A equivalent of fedora-wearing neckbeards?

Yes. They just substitute crappy rifles for waifu or anatomically correct MLP dolls.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 04:03:59 PM »
So is Whataburger going to post 30.07 signs or not?  I sort of wonder why they even bothered to mention it at this point.

I don't think so given that they don't take issue with existing concealed carry.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 04:38:49 PM »
Gun owners need to ask the gays for the names of their attorneys.

:rofl:

Because it's so true.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 08:52:06 AM »
Would carrying this with the 30 round stick but in its folded configuration be ok?

:facepalm:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »
I received a response to my e-mail:

Mr. SADShooter,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Whataburger Restaurants. Your feedback as it is very important to us. We always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests. Please know that we do respect and support our customers’ second amendment right regarding gun ownership. However, Whataburger policy has been to not allow the open carry of guns or other firearms in all Whataburger restaurants and is for the safety and comfort of our other customers and employees.

Best Regards,

Linda Scott

Customer Care Team

Whataburger Restaurants

resolution@wbhq.com
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 05:59:42 PM »
I received a response to my e-mail:

Mr. SADShooter,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Whataburger Restaurants. Your feedback as it is very important to us. We always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests. Please know that we do respect and support our customers’ second amendment right regarding gun ownership. However, Whataburger policy has been to not allow the open carry of guns or other firearms in all Whataburger restaurants and is for the safety and comfort of our other customers and employees.

Best Regards,

Linda Scott

Customer Care Team

Whataburger Restaurants

resolution@wbhq.com

Yup. Done with whataburger.  Not that I'm a regular fast food customer, but I could almost see their position as to not making some guests uncomfortable.  But the "Safety" excuse is bull *expletive deleted*it.  OC is legal in a number of other states.  Cops and LEO can open carry.  There are criminals that are utterly unafraid of trying to disarm and kill a cop.  No different. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 06:28:04 PM »
I am impressed that they actually responded, and I do genuinely respect their right to take a position. Just means I'll get slightly inferior chicken strips or travel burgers elsewhere.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 06:30:49 PM »
Yup. Done with whataburger.  Not that I'm a regular fast food customer, but I could almost see their position as to not making some guests uncomfortable.  But the "Safety" excuse is bull *expletive deleted*it.  OC is legal in a number of other states.  Cops and LEO can open carry.  There are criminals that are utterly unafraid of trying to disarm and kill a cop.  No different. 

I got that same response. Framing it as a safety issue is weak as *expletive deleted*ck. I replied back , replaced all mentions of guns with homosexuality, and asked her how it was different. I dont expect a response
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 06:33:17 PM »
I got that same response. Framing it as a safety issue is weak as *expletive deleted*ck. I replied back , replaced all mentions of guns with homosexuality, and asked her how it was different. I dont expect a response

Nice. Breastfeeding would be another good hook.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »

Again, in TX OC of pistols is not yet legal. OC of long guns, the way the folks there are doing it at least, is in fact a safety risk.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 07:27:17 PM »
Again, in TX OC of pistols is not yet legal. OC of long guns, the way the folks there are doing it at least, is in fact a safety risk.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this came out due to the legalization (eventually) of pistol OC? the bill that was passed?
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 08:00:27 PM »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but this came out due to the legalization (eventually) of pistol OC? the bill that was passed?

The bill was passed, but it doesn't go into effect until January 1st.  State cops asked for the delay.  Said they do most of their CHL training of instructors in the Fall and this bill is tied into the CHL law.  Most new laws default to Sept 1st as the date they go into effect after the legislative session is over. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 08:08:07 PM »

Bullshit.

It's a decorum risk.  It's rude. It's probably unhelpful.

It's not a safety risk any more then slinging an M16 for a chow line is.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2015, 08:45:45 PM »
Bullshit.

It's a decorum risk.  It's rude. It's probably unhelpful.

It's not a safety risk any more then slinging an M16 for a chow line is.

You missed this part I think.

the way the folks there are doing it at least,

Plenty of .mil folks who were unsafe in their handling on the FOB where everyone always had their rifle. I don't know how many times I got muzzled but it's in the hundreds. And that's all mandatory Con 3 rifles on slings and infantry guys. These idiots are walking around with Con 1 rifles at low ready. It absolutely is a safety risk the way the actual people this actually applies to are doing it.

Per the link this has always been their stance, it is not a recent change.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2015, 08:57:31 PM »
You missed this part I think.

Plenty of .mil folks who were unsafe in their handling on the FOB where everyone always had their rifle. I don't know how many times I got muzzled but it's in the hundreds. And that's all mandatory Con 3 rifles on slings and infantry guys. These idiots are walking around with Con 1 rifles at low ready. It absolutely is a safety risk the way the actual people this actually applies to are doing it.

Per the link this has always been their stance, it is not a recent change.

Ah
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Fortunately, there are none near me.  And I just barely missed giving them some of my money when we were in Alabama because I misread the Billboard and got off at the wrong exit.  We ate at Hardee's instead.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »
The corporate policy on OC existed well before the Texas OC law was passed.  Given the hoopla about handgun OC coming to Texas they decided to make sure everybody was up to speed on where they stood - including, I am told, some of their local outlet managers in states that are not Texas.

You want to talk about customers feeling uncomfortable?  I'm petrified thinking that some of the clowns I see at fast food places (among other places) might be carrying a hidden handgun.  Make them open carry like honest people.  Then I'll only have to deal with my fear of cops mishandling their openly carried handguns (and my disappointment at never being the one that finds one left behind in the bathroom).

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 12:28:41 AM »
Plenty of .mil folks who were unsafe in their handling on the FOB where everyone always had their rifle. I don't know how many times I got muzzled but it's in the hundreds. And that's all mandatory Con 3 rifles on slings and infantry guys. These idiots are walking around with Con 1 rifles at low ready. It absolutely is a safety risk the way the actual people this actually applies to are doing it

Yes, I remember the rash of ND's in and around Texas eateries........oh wait.

I get that you don't like the Texas OC guys.  You've made that clear.  But there's no more of a safety risk with the tools then some guy with a CCW in a shoulder holster, and way, way less then a football player with a gun in his pants.  Claiming a safety hazard is bordering on mad mothers crap.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2015, 08:02:58 AM »
Well considering I've only eaten at Whataburger once, only because the Mother-in-Law wanted to, she was buying, this doesn't hurt my feelings at all.  Plenty of other places to clog my arteries that will be more than happy to take my money if I do decide to OC.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2015, 12:17:25 PM »
Yes, I remember the rash of ND's in and around Texas eateries........oh wait.

I get that you don't like the Texas OC guys.  You've made that clear.  But there's no more of a safety risk with the tools then some guy with a CCW in a shoulder holster, and way, way less then a football player with a gun in his pants.  Claiming a safety hazard is bordering on mad mothers crap.

So you don't think a guy with a Con 1 rifle flagging you is more of a safety risk than a guy with a pistol in a shoulder holster? I seriously doubt you actually think that. Your ideology is blinding you to reality here.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 12:38:52 PM »
So you don't think a guy with a Con 1 rifle flagging you is more of a safety risk than a guy with a pistol in a shoulder holster? I seriously doubt you actually think that. Your ideology is blinding you to reality here.

Basement-dwelling Wookie-suiter with Crapco rifle does not automatically equal TX CHL holder. I will open carry, when I think it appropriate, in a Level II holster. If I enter an establishment and I am asked to leave I will do so, and not return.

(edit for typo)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:54:55 PM by SADShooter »

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2015, 12:51:33 PM »

I have never been muzzle-humped with a long gun in a Texas eatery by someone who was OC-ing a long gun.  I suspect you have not either.  The reality is that there is zero evidence of danger from people OC-ing long guns in Texas restaurants.  Even if those with the long guns are fat and unfashionable.

Hey, what's that?  [bbbrrrrring!] Howdy.  Really?  He's right here.  You don't need to talk to him, just give him the message?  Gotcha.  Buh-bye.

That was The Brady Campaign.  They were wondering if you were done with their "Blood in the streets restaurants" argument?  And if not, when you might return it? 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »
I have never been muzzle-humped with a long gun in a Texas eatery by someone who was OC-ing a long gun.  I suspect you have not either.  The reality is that there is zero evidence of danger from people OC-ing long guns in Texas restaurants.  Even if those with the long guns are fat and unfashionable.

Hey, what's that?  [bbbrrrrring!] Howdy.  Really?  He's right here.  You don't need to talk to him, just give him the message?  Gotcha.  Buh-bye.

That was The Brady Campaign.  They were wondering if you were done with their "Blood in the streets restaurants" argument?  And if not, when you might return it? 

How many times have you been to an eatery with someone OCing a long gun?

And you're right, saying that people doing something stupid and dangerous is stupid and dangerous is exactly the same as calling for gun bans. Because if we police our own and call people out on being unsafe, then that's the same as asking the feds to violate the Second Amendment. Spot on analysis, I'm convinced. Anyone who is nominally on our side must be held immune from criticism. I'm sure Jeb Bush will appreciate your full support once he is the nominee.