Author Topic: Once again lots to vote against, nothing and no one to vote for.  (Read 859 times)

Chuck Dye

• friend
The vote-by-mail ballot, the P.O. Box, and I finally connected and I have submitted my votes.  All of my votes were against, none for any candidate or proposition.  Several votes for Republican candidates were cast as the only hope of seeing the back of the Democrat, not because I like anything about the Republican.  Even though I may be in greater agreement with one or more third party types, I see voting that way as a wasted vote:  expressing my agreement with a guaranteed loser ranks far below the, admittedly small in Oregon, possibility of voting out the Dems.

How about you folk?  Are any of you finding cause to vote for anyone or anything in other than a hold-your-nose sense?
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Once again lots to vote against, nothing and no one to vote for.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »
Okay, I'm cracking up. I just now posted another, similar topic on voting. Great minds think alike. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »
A minute, thirtyone seconds.  I really did look before I leapt!
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Once again lots to vote against, nothing and no one to vote for.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
Nice thing about SC. I have some decent folks to vote for that also manage to give both the dem and gop leadership heartburn  lol
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
Yeah, both John Cornyn and George P. Bush are on the statewide allot here in Texas.  I had a few people I voted for, but those two are difficult.  The more I know about Cornyn, the less I like him.  The problem is I want to beat them in a primary, not get a Democrat in for 6 years.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »
Yeah, the choices are . . .

1. Stupid party

2. Evil party

3. Other (counts as half an Evil Party vote.)

I am not happy.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »
Nice thing about SC. I have some decent folks to vote for that also manage to give both the dem and gop leadership heartburn  lol

Yep. Haley pisses everybody the *expletive deleted*ck off because she's fighting for SC and not to enrichen the good ole boy club.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 08:40:45 PM »
Yeah, the choices are . . .

1. Stupid party

2. Evil party

3. Other (counts as half an Evil Party vote.)

I am not happy.
3 should be "Others who won't win"
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge