Author Topic: Pretty Bad When Obama Has to Correct MSM Bias  (Read 857 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pretty Bad When Obama Has to Correct MSM Bias
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:55:03 PM »
You know the MSM is severely left when Obama has to steer them to the middle.

Backstory: I heard the Obama / Trudeau press conference this morning. During Obama's part when they were each complimenting the other country, he said something, jokingly, along the lines of, "You know Canada's popular with Americans when, during every election cycle, you have people saying they're going to move to Canada if the guy from the other party wins."

So, pretty innocuous statement, and actually true. However, after both leader's spoke, an MSM reporter (called by her name, so I don't know which outlet she was with) asked Trudeau: "As the President mentioned, if Trump or Cruz are elected, US citizens will want to leave and move to Canada. How would you deal with a Trump or Cruz presidency?" Obama actually stepped in before Trudeau could answer and clarified that it was a joke about BOTH political parties, not a serious statement about any particular candidates.

It's pretty bad when Obama has to correct partisan rhetoric. Of course immediately after clarifying, instead of letting Trudeau speak, he went into a tirade about Republicans, the Constitution, and Supreme Court nominees. One step forward, three steps back.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Pretty Bad When Obama Has to Correct MSM Bias
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 06:09:34 PM »
I am far more sick & tired of Obama after two terms than the libtards were of Dubya after his two terms.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:53:01 PM »
Well, I don't know if that's true. Republicans aren't hanging Obama in effigy or burning his likeness. OTOH, they may not be doing that because it would be considered racist.  Of maybe most Republicans aren't so childish.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:56:01 PM »
Well, I don't know if that's true. Republicans aren't hanging Obama in effigy or burning his likeness. OTOH, they may not be doing that because it would be considered racist.  Of maybe most Republicans aren't so childish.

That's probably a bit different than, "I'm gonna move to..." which I think people on both sides have probably been saying since the start of the Republic. As far as effigy burning, etc., yeah, I agree  that's mostly on the "diversity and inclusion" side of the aisle.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »
The only thing about the "I'm going to move" idjits that matters is WHEN ARE THEY ACTUALLY GOING TO MOVE?!?!

Because this happens every freeking election cycle and yet, they don't go.  ??? They need to just go.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 09:03:44 PM »
Partisan rhetoric is his schtick and he doesn't like it when others try to horn in on his territory.   :P

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »
The really funny part is most of the I'm going to move people may be very surprised to find out the places they think they are going to move to have much more strict immigration laws and enforcement than the US does. Especially since most of them probably support the illegal immigrants in the US. Just try immigrating to Canada, Mexico or the UK, they don't want you and probably won't let you stay ....

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 08:39:09 AM »
The really funny part is most of the I'm going to move people may be very surprised to find out the places they think they are going to move to have much more strict immigration laws and enforcement than the US does. Especially since most of them probably support the illegal immigrants in the US. Just try immigrating to Canada, Mexico or the UK, they don't want you and probably won't let you stay ....

Yeah, most places want you to have a job or a marketable skill set that may not be prevalent in the country you're heading to.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!