Author Topic: ABSCAM Agents Letter to FBI  (Read 858 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
ABSCAM Agents Letter to FBI
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:16:12 PM »
I thought this was interesting. A letter from former FBI agents that led the ABSCAM sting and their comparison of ABSCAM to the Clinton investigation.  ABSCAM happened when I was a teenager, so I had forgotten all about it and had to refresh myself. The article and letter make a good point regarding status not helping several high ranking politicians during the sting. Also interesting was their concern related to AG Lynch being part of the process with Clinton.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/15/abscam-agents-to-fbi-chief-bureaus-reputation-on-line-in-clinton-probe.html?intcmp=hpbt3
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: ABSCAM Agents Letter to FBI
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 07:53:30 PM »
Everyone I have heard comment pretty much assumes this is all political.  I think the reputation of the FBI and federal prosecutors went out the window a long time ago.

Too many people in politics (and voters) for whom the ends justify the means.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
Re: ABSCAM Agents Letter to FBI
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 07:54:45 AM »
Good, 79, told Fox News by phone that the Clinton email case boils down to whether the U.S. is a nation of laws, where all citizens are equal under the law, or there is a different set of rules for the powerful.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I guess he didn't get the 'fundamentally change America' memo.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama