Author Topic: It's all in the spin  (Read 861 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
It's all in the spin
« on: September 23, 2019, 01:47:23 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-ukraine-call-reveals-a-president-convinced-of-his-own-invincibility/ar-AAHE1OK

MSN thinks it's just horrible (and, apparently, impeachable) for Trump to have asked Ukraine to try to dig up some dirt on Joe Biden.

Then, the very next day, Trump allegedly sought to collude with another foreign country in the coming election — pressing Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to dig up what he believed would be damaging information about one of his leading Democratic challengers, former vice president Joe Biden, according to people familiar with the conversation.

Never mind that Hillary Clinton hired foreign sources to dig up dirt on Trump during the previous election cycle. It's okay for a democrat, but not for a Republican, to look for information about rivals, I guess. But ... that hypocrisy aside, I must be stupid because I don't see how this is "collusion." It doesn't appear that Trump asked Ukraine to hack voting machines, or to influence American voters with payoffs, or to pad the ranks of Republican voters with a bunch of fake voters. Apparently Trump asked for information. How is that different from hiring a private detective in the U.S. to see what he can dig up?

I think the Democrats, and the lamestream media, are getting increasingly desperate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
Re: It's all in the spin
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:07:06 AM »
There is a LOT going on here that people don't quite grasp.
Obama's state department engineered the Ukrainian coup in 2014, and Comey's FBI was and still is embedded with the Ukranian NABU.

The whole fictional 'russian collusion' narrative was started in Ukraine.

People (all the way up to and including obama) could go to prison, or worse, over this.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/440730-how-the-obama-white-house-engaged-ukraine-to-give-russia-collusion

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:38:35 AM »
People (all the way up to and including obama) could go to prison, or worse, over this.

Oh, is this the one that's going to land Obama in prison?  ;/
I won't be holding my breath.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 01:15:25 PM »
Biden & Ukraine -

Gets interesting in this video around 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF9My1vBP4

But of course, Trump is the bad guy . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »
Oh, is this the one that's going to land Obama in prison?  ;/
I won't be holding my breath.

I agree with you, not one damn thing will come of it. But, that doesn't mean Biden, Obama, Clinton and others shouldn't be in jail.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams