Author Topic: Vegas strip mass shooting!  (Read 56554 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Vegas strip mass shooting!
« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2017, 08:49:23 PM »
Did he really shoot himself in the back of the head with a shotgun?

Not likely, but Arkanside has happened...

At this point I assume everything on the news is to push an agenda.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #351 on: October 09, 2017, 09:50:09 PM »
If he even had a computer...

There were two lap-tops in the hotel room.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2017, 10:34:16 PM »

Unless he scrubbed all of that beforehand, or destroyed his computers, or was so paranoid that he didn't keep any incriminating favorites/bookmarks, and had his browser set to scrub all of the cookies, etc, every time he closed it.

That stuff is still around unless you bleach bit it or melt the platters.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:25:50 PM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2017, 11:01:58 AM »

Some truth to that. If you've ever tried to get around the WSJ or NYT paywall, you'll know what just an outsourced cloud provider can do for the dying dead-tree media. Clearing cache and cookies isn't enough. Even visiting it from a different browser on the same PC you've never used before is good enough. Never mind what the government or a really determined party in Silicon Valley could do.

There's a lot of identifying information that can be had, assuming any of the browser apps have an API in them that can reach those parts of the machine. Even if you're running from a write-protected USB boot disk with a Linux distro on it. And you use a different public IP and you spoof your MAC address.

For several years now, all Intel processors, probably others, and probably certain other things on the PC's bus and chipset have unique identifying serial numbers in them that can be queried by various applications poking certain memory registers. Mainly it was intended for trying to get some low level DRM schemes on DVD's, Blu-Ray disks, video codecs etc. But it's really useful for tracking a PC and getting it's "fingerprint" too.

I promise not to duck.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
I don't normally don the tin-foil hat and i'm not doing it now.

If this is a conspiracy then the only thing it could be trying to do is advance gun control.

The hypothetical planners went well out of their way to find someone who was almost totally neutral on politics, religion, other conspiracies, mental health issues, and any other cultural schisms. That way it could only be about EBRs and bump-stocks and the ease of getting ammo.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2017, 04:45:13 PM »
Even if you're running from a write-protected USB boot disk with a Linux distro on it. And you use a different public IP and you spoof your MAC address.

For several years now, all Intel processors, probably others, and probably certain other things on the PC's bus and chipset have unique identifying serial numbers in them that can be queried by various applications poking certain memory registers. Mainly it was intended for trying to get some low level DRM schemes on DVD's, Blu-Ray disks, video codecs etc. But it's really useful for tracking a PC and getting it's "fingerprint" too.

Are their similar markers in a virtual machine?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2017, 06:06:42 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/las-vegas-shooter-had-a-diazepam-prescription-heres-what-that-means-2017-10

He has a footprint.  Run of the mill prescription medication caused delusions and paranoia, for $1000, Alex.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2017, 09:00:54 PM »
Are their similar markers in a virtual machine?
EDIT: woops. got confused and removed my reply

ANywho

By default, from all the major vendors, VMs are not secure. Remember that the hypervisor is still executing instructions on the physical CPU, and the identifying info of the CPU is passed to the VMs. Short of a purpose built secure sandbox VM and bootable Linux distro set up properly, your VM is not secure
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/las-vegas-shooter-had-a-diazepam-prescription-heres-what-that-means-2017-10

He has a footprint.  Run of the mill prescription medication caused delusions and paranoia, for $1000, Alex.

And people wonder why I refused to use Zyban (Wellbutrin rebranded for nicotine cessation) and now refuse to use Chantix.  

Had a friend put a .45 under his chin and blow the top of his head into a stack of towels a couple weeks after starting Zyban, (The shrink our mutual employer hired afterward said no one would have seen any signs because there likely weren't any; the drug sometimes just shuts down the "catastrophically bad idea" prefilter between the subconscious and the conscious mind, and the conscious mind isn't used to actually getting thoughts like "I should just shoot myself to fix this problem.") and another who caught himself pointing a .38 at his wife a few days after starting Chantix.  (That was about a month before Carter Albrecht got himself killed during a Chantix-induced psychotic break...also an interesting anecdote against a warning shot over someone's head, especially blindly; at 6'5" Albrecht was tall enough that the warning shot was an instant kill.)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »
Stop it with the drug-talk, citizens. We must remain tightly focused on the evilz of gunz.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2017, 11:28:07 PM »
And people wonder why I refused to use Zyban (Wellbutrin rebranded for nicotine cessation) and now refuse to use Chantix.  

Had a friend put a .45 under his chin and blow the top of his head into a stack of towels a couple weeks after starting Zyban, (The shrink our mutual employer hired afterward said no one would have seen any signs because there likely weren't any; the drug sometimes just shuts down the "catastrophically bad idea" prefilter between the subconscious and the conscious mind, and the conscious mind isn't used to actually getting thoughts like "I should just shoot myself to fix this problem.") and another who caught himself pointing a .38 at his wife a few days after starting Chantix.  (That was about a month before Carter Albrecht got himself killed during a Chantix-induced psychotic break...also an interesting anecdote against a warning shot over someone's head, especially blindly; at 6'5" Albrecht was tall enough that the warning shot was an instant kill.)

It's the Pax.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #361 on: October 11, 2017, 05:10:26 AM »
Paddock's home was broken into. http://www.rgj.com/story/news/crime/2017/10/10/las-vegas-shooters-reno-home-broken-into-fbi-revisiting/750725001/
I would think his home would be on constant surveillance. ???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #362 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:59 AM »

I guess the difference is that social medium content can be quickly ferreted out by an inquisitive public, but taking a magnifying glass to a suspect's computer would only be done by law enforcement. That takes more time, and even then, little to no info may be released to the public.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #363 on: October 11, 2017, 10:07:59 AM »
Just heard on the news that youtube is pulling all videos on how to make a bump stock. No word on if they're banning videos of guys with their thumbs in a belt loop.

I've yet to hear any mention in the MSM on 3D printer files.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #364 on: October 11, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »
Just heard on the news that youtube is pulling all videos on how to make a bump stock.

Think of all the lives they just saved.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #365 on: October 11, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
I think I mentioned earlier that the brother of the shooter (Eric) is active on another board I belong to. Along with that someone here mentioned, IIRC, that there may be a familial trait of "being not quite right".

After seeing some of the things he has posted on the other board the last few days especially his interaction with both local and Federal LEO I think that may be a fair assessment, even if it is kind of broad. :(

I think if I was part of an investigation into the worst mass shooting in the USA I may just curtail my online presence for a while.

bob

eta: Like this post:
i just heard that marilou (his girlfriend) is in the hospital with 'stroke like' symptoms. they put her on the 'tsa watchlist' after telling her she wasn't a suspect. there is no way that they don't have her passport (but i guess it is possible she didn't surrender it, but i bet she did because she returned here with no contest) and they could easily have her under 24 hour surveilance because i know they know her location. if these bastards have maimed or killed her i will rain hell down on them. i will make it my life's goal to make sure that they die broken. and you don't have to worry about them finding this out here, because it's in the public record because i just texted them this...

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:13:06 PM by BobR »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #366 on: October 11, 2017, 08:03:56 PM »
Just heard on the news that youtube is pulling all videos on how to make a bump stock. No word on if they're banning videos of guys with their thumbs in a belt loop.

Not really shocking. Youtube has been looking for reasons to pull anything gun related for a long time now, which is why we have Full30.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »
According to an article in the Daily Mail, the autopsy of Mr. Paddock showed no brain structure abnormalities.  So this does not seem to be a Charles Whitman-type scenario.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2017, 10:43:43 PM »
According to an article in the Daily Mail, the autopsy of Mr. Paddock showed no brain structure abnormalities.  So this does not seem to be a Charles Whitman-type scenario.

He shot himself in the head, didn't he?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #369 on: October 11, 2017, 11:58:46 PM »
While i don't wear tinfoil, I'm guessing back of the head as wild as some of these stories are getting.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #370 on: October 12, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »

I've yet to hear any mention in the MSM on 3D printer files.
Iraqiveteran8888 posted a video recently.  Said they had a 4 year old bump stock video that was flagged.  They heard just about any video even discussing it was getting flagged.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

agricola

• friend
« Reply #371 on: October 12, 2017, 03:53:15 PM »
New news out tonight, the guard was shot before he started shouting at the concert goers

No link not on my computer.

... and called hotel security.  Whether or not they called 911 quickly enough before the lines got jammed up with everyone else calling is perhaps the pertinent question.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #372 on: October 12, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »
The maintenance guy called it in via radio about six minutes before Paddock started firing out the window ....

I read that 911 wasn't called until he started shooting out the window ...  ???  Oddly it looks like the Security Guard was not registered in Nevada ...

What's up w/ the shooter's house being broken into ...

"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #373 on: October 12, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »
What's up w/ the shooter's house being broken into ...

The DNC needed to get the mind control machine out of the attic before someone that cared had a chance to search the house.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2017, 02:43:08 PM »
Any idea where the unregistered (ghost) (fbi plant) security guard has gone?

I've been saying since day one shoot quick, disappear in the malay dressed like someone who should be there.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods