Author Topic: New Orleans and Terrorists  (Read 1302 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
New Orleans and Terrorists
« on: September 02, 2005, 04:27:53 AM »
Has the thought occured to anyone else that there may be more in NO than simple gangbangers and looters?  That there may have been a terror cell activated or such?

Never really gave much thought to it, until the helicopter getting shot up happened.  But it seems likely to me at least, that there may be more forces involved here.  Whoever has taken over the city didn't have much work at all, and when soldiers that had been in Iraq and are now in NO are describing it as 'urban combat', things don;t look good.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 05:31:15 AM »
To what purpose?

Nature and the ensuing chaos are taking care of things rather nicely for them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 09:06:54 AM »
Just because the Al-Qaida types show no remorse or humanity doesn't mean that we're not capable of the same.

Nope, this one is 100% All-American rioting, looting, pillaging, and anarchy.  Take a good look at it, because this is the SHTF we're always discussing here.  Make your own plans accordingly.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »
Quote from: Antibubba
Just because the Al-Qaida types show no remorse or humanity doesn't mean that we're not capable of the same.

Nope, this one is 100% All-American rioting, looting, pillaging, and anarchy.  Take a good look at it, because this is the SHTF we're always discussing here.  Make your own plans accordingly.
Yeah but this SHTF wouldn't have happened to anyone on here because we would have been smart enough to evacuate when asked to. Some of those folks down there had the means to evacuate the area but choose to stay otherwise. I can give pity to the folks who can't afford it, but I can not give pity to the ones that could and stayed.

The looting going on, I also can understand the folks who are stealing the food, water and clothing. Why a television or why set fires?

I was talking with the SWMBO Wednesday when we were watching the news together and she told me isn't it great to live in Iowa, I said yep. I also told her for some odd reason we ended up in a hurricane prone area because of a job or whatever that we would have one high limit credit card we that we kept for a time when you needed to evacuate.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 10:18:51 AM »
jefnvk, I had a similar thought to yours. But not for New Orleans.

With all of the resources that are strained helping the Gulf Coast region, I think we would be a prime "target of opportunity" for them to strike elsewhere.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 01:19:21 PM »
Another thing I have been thinking about.

Think about the reaction if we had another disaster to work on right now.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'