Author Topic: Our 35W Bridge is back!  (Read 726 times)

thebaldguy

• friends
Our 35W Bridge is back!
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
Our new 35W bridge across the Mississippi river opened at 5 AM this morning. It's been quite the hassle getting around the Minneapolis area in the last year without the bridge. Over 140,000 cars needed to use alternate routes, causing traffic problems in other areas.

I think they did a pretty good job. They finished early, and this bridge was built with the future in mind. They added lanes, as well as left room for light rail lines in the future. It's a common problem here that they generally don't anticipate growth when roads are built or redone.

Hopefully this one will last for a while.

Sawdust

• friend
Re: Our 35W Bridge is back!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »
That's excellent news. I will be in Minneapolis on business in a few weeks, with meetings in the surrounding burgs to the east. So that will make getting around a little easier.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Our 35W Bridge is back!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
Huzzah!  Now don't let those crazy guys with the muskets and cannon at Fort Snelling shoot this one down! grin
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!