Author Topic: Things you've learned?  (Read 724 times)

Things you've learned?
« on: May 14, 2006, 01:13:08 PM »
I've picked up a few things over the years.

How to not give up against all odds. This involves a similar thought process to denial. In fact, never accept defeat, even unto death.

When it's right to let go and give up.

How to keep a cool head when it comes from all sides without freezing up.

It's ok, even natural to be scared. It's also ok to use 'getting it over with' as a motivation.

What's on the inside doesn't count because no one can see it.

Just because I'm pretty smart doesn't mean the other guy is stupid.

It's almost better to fall short when you have someone to pin it on than it is to shoot for success with no one to blame if it doesn't make it. The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.

How to be a man and take responsibility, even when it hurts or wasn't mine to take.

There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

If you are crazy, channel it into driving opponents up the wall through sheer unpredictibility, after you've used up as much as you can on original ideas.

Conversely, there are no original ideas, only good or bad spins of old ones.

There's nothing in life that someone hasn't already wrestled with and found the best way to deal with. Learn from others to save valuable introspection time.

Once you learn to recognize warning signs in women and have dealt with the results a few times, that doesn't make you "qualified" to keep going when you see those signs "because you know how to handle it now." That just means you're stupid.