Author Topic: Seattle fourth in the nation for growth  (Read 724 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Seattle fourth in the nation for growth
« on: May 19, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/us-census-seattle-now-fourth-among-50-biggest-us-cities

A few interesting snippets.

Seattle, for the third consecutive year, is among the Top 5 big cities for population growth, according to data released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau. The city’s population increased by 2.3 percent between July 1, 2014 and July 1, 2015, ranking fourth among the 50 biggest U.S. cities.

Unless Amazon stops hiring, you might as well get used to it.

That’s something of a milestone — Seattle has never before ranked so high. From 1950 to 1960, we peaked as the 19th largest city in the country. But by 1970, we had slid out of the Top 20.

To get to the 18th spot, we leapfrogged El Paso, Texas, and — more remarkably — Detroit, which was once the nation’s fourth-largest city.

The Motor City gets an assist for Seattle’s climb in the rankings by losing population. It’s one of just five among the 50 cities that shrank last year. The others: Baltimore; Memphis, Tenn.; Chicago; and Milwaukee, Wis.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Seattle fourth in the nation for growth
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »
I ponder this every time I am on I-5 or 405 during rush hour(s).

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »
The Motor City gets an assist for Seattle’s climb in the rankings by losing population. It’s one of just five among the 50 cities that shrank last year. The others: Baltimore; Memphis, Tenn.; Chicago; and Milwaukee, Wis.

What do these cities have in common? Large ghetto core and white flight anyone with the means moving as far away as they can afford.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 06:18:13 PM »
My neighbor just got a job and is relocating to Seattle from NC. I hope it's worth it for him I hear the house prices and traffic are getting bad.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:51:25 AM »
My neighbor just got a job and is relocating to Seattle from NC. I hope it's worth it for him I hear the house prices and traffic are getting bad.

That's putting it mildly.

And for traffic I saw a headline that the jackwagons in charge want to *expletive deleted*ck up the rest of the Puget Sound's traffic with "Express Toll Lanes" on I-5 and other major highways just like the did with I-405. 
Formerly sumpnz

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 09:53:25 AM »
That's putting it mildly.

And for traffic I saw a headline that the jackwagons in charge want to *expletive deleted*ck up the rest of the Puget Sound's traffic with "Express Toll Lanes" on I-5 and other major highways just like the did with I-405. 

They're doing that here in the DC region as well.

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »
I live in an area now where the combined population of the local towns is probably 100,000 people.  Houston is an hour away.  I think I would rather take a job for less money than move back to Houston.  The cost of living would be higher and I would lose 2 to 3 hours of time each day commuting.  I don't want that.

I didn't realize El Paso had gotten that big.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge