Main Forums > The Roundtable

Cat's Garlic Bread

(1/2) > >>

uvakat:
So before two weeks ago we couldn't even get my cat to eat tuna. So in the last two weeks she's eaten tuna, pounce, and I walk into the kitchen to see her eating a huge piece of garlic bread. I'm confused....

charby:
I had a cat once that liked to eat Hostess donuts. It would also sit on the back of the lazy boy then try and bite food off your fork if you were eating while sitting in the lazy boy. The cat had been a wild cat that became buddy's with me and decided life inside is much better than living outside.

Sindawe:
Trying to understand the ways of cats is an exercise in futility.  Examples:

Kahless LOVES bread, but only ONE kind of bread.  Any other bread he'll turn up his nose at.  Uther likes bread when he's hungry (which is most of the time), and does not care what type it is.  The females have no interest in bread.

Three of the cats will whine and beg for a bit of beef patty from the occasional Whopper.  Uther could not care less.

Bastet loves Breaburn apples, red pears and seedless grapes..  Any other fruit is of no interest.  Bastet loves sharp chedder cheese, hates Swiss.  Kahless hates chedder, loves Swiss.

Morgana likes hot foods.  Habenro Doritos are not safe when she's around.  If I'm slicing hot peppers and turn my back, she'll steal a slice and devour it.

mfree:
My roomie's cat Sasha attempted several times to hop in my lap whilst I was seated in the living room eating some nuclear whitefish... that didn't fly, but she did Never begs otherwise, actually is missing 99% of the time.

My cat Oatmeal, however (and yes, I make tons of jokes about eating him) is *always* around when there's food, but never begs, and also never eats anything that's been dropped. It's almost more like he's guarding the dinner table. Come to think of it, he gets antsy when he's at his bowl unless someone's standing close by... strange cat.

BrokenPaw:
My first cat ever (Malkin) liked Killian's Red.  No other beer; just Killian's.  

My current cat overlords prefer as follows:
Griffon - Any and all kinds of cheese, as well as chicken.  Has no dislikes that we've discovered.
Pyewacket - Doesn't actually seem to eat, ever.  For 6 years, I've never seen her eat.  Which explains her size.
Baby (for whose name I accept no responsibility): Cream cheese.
Samhain (named for the holiday, not the sorry attempt at a musical group) - Grapes.
Fidget - If we could ever get him out from under the bed, we might be able to tell what he likes.
Steve - He'll eat anything put in front of him, up to and including socks.

BTW, can anyone explain to me why cats all seem to like to lick plastic bags?  Especially the plastic sort of grocery bags...  They all do it, and I'm baffled.

-BP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version